My first PRS: 2005 Custom 22 20th anniversary artist pack

JTB81

So this happened yesterday:

PRS-Custom-22.jpg

It has "upgraded" pickups (bare knuckle abraxas). I think i like them but i have to play some more.

I am used to high and custom builds fom Mayones and Skervesen but still i am amazed about how perfect this guitar is. Perfect balance, amazing neck, immaculate fretwork. I am super happy.

Yes, for me the guitar would be better original, but still with the bare knuckles it is still very nice.
My 22........(this one is an '07)......with the original D2s. (Her name is Dottie).

Many are pretty split over the dragon 2s. They either love them, or don't like them at all. For me, I think that my playing ability actually loves them. They clean up good. They can push the amp whenever you need with plenty of power. And, most importantly for my sloppy playing, they give just a touch of natural compression that doesn't make me sound like I am [as much] all over the place with my picking. Maybe if I was a little better, I would want something a bit more open as far as pups go. But for me, the D2s settle right into my sweet spot between tone and compression.

dottie_10_13_2021_by_klbryanphotography_desq85x-fullview.jpg

So this happened yesterday:

PRS-Custom-22.jpg

It has "upgraded" pickups (bare knuckle abraxas). I think i like them but i have to play some more.

I am used to high and custom builds fom Mayones and Skervesen but still i am amazed about how perfect this guitar is. Perfect balance, amazing neck, immaculate fretwork. I am super happy.

What an absolutely stellar instrument!

You scored, big time. The top is PS quality. And the Artist cases from that era? Perfect, leather, what could be nicer?

Back