My first amp is on its way

How long will it take him to sound as good as Brian May?

• Two weeks is about right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, three

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Actually, two is probably correct

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • He probably already sounds that good

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Bill Brasky

Have a custom 24 SE I'm learning how to play and a vox ac4-c12 on the way. How long do you think it'll take before I sound like Brian May? Two weeks? Three?

Bill, welcome to the board and the journey!

I've been playing for just over a year now. I'm nowhere near where I want to be!

I'm guessing about 3 weeks should do it...

Remember, it isn't necessarily calender time, but actual guitar time that determines your progress.

Enjoy the journey. I am obsessed!

Kevin

Welcome Bill!

Brian has such a great tone. Hard to emulate, but great! I hear he uses treble boosters. Would love to sound like him, but it would be hard to tame the volume of a raging Vox. Can't wait to see how you do though... AC4 could be a fun amp if it can do that sound!

I think you sound like Brian May already, and I've never heard you play. Going on blind faith here. ;)

Welcome Bill!

Brian has such a great tone. Hard to emulate, but great! I hear he uses treble boosters. Would love to sound like him, but it would be hard to tame the volume of a raging Vox. Can't wait to see how you do though... AC4 could be a fun amp if it can do that sound!

Treble booster into a modified AC-30, dimed of course. Local shop has one of the Brian May AC-30's. It has one knob on it - the volume, and an internal treble booster that is on all the time and it is set up with the equivalent of the tone controls and the booster turned all the way up. Here's the panel:
GIT278_cuts_voxac30top-630-80.jpg

It's a one-trick pony for sure (and very expensive), but turned up it nails "that" sound with single coils. Now If I could only play like him.

Back