My Experience Appreciation Thread

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Another wonderful weekend - for me, it's almost better than Christmas. It's become more like a reunion every year instead of a guitar factory outing. I'm always amazed at how many people remember and recognize me. I had so many people come up and introduce themselves that I can't even begin to remember everyone's name, so please don't feel offended when I forget you.

JD, my hollowbody hunting friend - please PM your address. I have something for you that's much better served in your hands than mine.

The PRS folks - you guys always treat us so well. It was great to meet Rocki in person and be able to talk to her and not have a problem I wanted solved. Len, who has always been great to me and even reintroduced me to his wife. (Maybe I should have made that trade we talked about - at least I can work a t-shirt correctly!) And Shawn - can't say enough, my friend.

The whole HGI gang - thanks for accepting me in the group. I still feel like an interloper much of the time, but that's my perception, and totally unrelated to how you guys treat me. Even if I did get kicked to the kiddie table at dinner (but our table was much cooler anyway). Huge apologies for getting names wrong all weekend (Bryan - I'm looking at you in shame) - out of the first four people I saw, I got one name right. One. Pathetic. And that's why I'm not naming names here.

I got to spend more time with quite a few guys that I didn't before. The conversation was always fun, the topics wide-ranging.

Wayne - thanks to the invite to the amp museum. Another great hang, and something I'm glad I got to experience. Sorry I missed you on the way out - I was looking for you and Robin but couldn't find you.

To everyone else - David, BobbyD, BillSAS513 and everyone else I'm forgetting, thanks for taking a couple minutes to say hey and make me feel like a part of the community here.

Vaughn, John and themike - I feel like a total putz for not picking your metal brains over the weekend. I think I only crossed paths with Mike for a second, but I had plenty of time with Vaughn and John and the light bulb never went on.

Brian (of 's Guitars) - thanks for what you've done with the travelling guitar, and for helping me get what is, for the moment, my 50th birthday guitar (there's a sort of holy grail guitar out there that may become that guitar, but for now...). And for not smacking me and chasing me away from the table for coming back and asking about prices 132 times.

Sergio and Rob - maybe next time we decide to just chat for hours, chairs. And not blocking the sidewalk so the annoyed women have to detour into the rain. I can annoy women in so many better ways!

I'm already looking forward to next year. Thank you all for making it such a wonderful time.

Last edited:
Alan...Thanks so much. I feel we are a large community of pretty regular folk, who together are all pretty frickin great...We all certainly love the same thing, and as PRSH puts it, you can't be there and be in a bad mood. Always a blast!!!! It was pretty cool putting actual (not avatar) faces to the people we talk to regularly here.

Sergio and Rob - maybe next time we decide to just chat for hours, chairs. And not blocking the sidewalk so the annoyed women have to detour into the rain. I can annoy women in so many better ways!
Agreed. It was so great talking to you the time flew by. You should have gone to Tsunami with us. Lots of young women there to annoy. :laugh:

Brian (of 's Guitars) - thanks for what you've done with the travelling guitar, and for helping me get what is, for the moment, my 50th birthday guitar (there's a sort of holy grail guitar out there that may become that guitar, but for now...). And for not smacking me and chasing me away from the table for coming back and asking about prices 132 times.

Thanks for the kind words Alan, happy to be a part of the traveling guitar. Congrats on the Tremonti - shes a beaut! Haha, no worries about the questions, ask twice as much next year, Im happy to help.

It was good to see you again Alan. I don't think we've spoken much at Exp. before so it was good to sit down in the lobby and chat a bit. That Tremonti you took home was a beauty.

Steve was my go-to this year - usually it's kid. Next time, just smack me upside the head to reset the needle. (I did pile on to Jamie's name apoogy thread - but even worse, I think I had it right last year...)

And I realized today...

WE NEVER GOT MARKIE'S COWBOY STORY!!!!

Steve was my go-to this year - usually it's kid. Next time, just smack me upside the head to reset the needle. (I did pile on to Jamie's name apoogy thread - but even worse, I think I had it right last year...)

And I realized today...

WE NEVER GOT MARKIE'S COWBOY STORY!!!!

It's pretty intense. Markie the Kid.

Nothing like ridin' the Tsunami wave!

Blue and precarious...the wave of waves from the East flows.

DFD rules!

Talk soon my man.

JFB

Not to mention the cab ride back to HGI....:eek:
The cabbie who does not speak - except in his native tongue to someone on the phone....I was just imagining him telling the person on the line how he was gonna stab me in the throat.

Alan, good seein' ya again'...I felt ok for the first few minutes of that foosball game, until Hans and Shawn brought on the slaughter.
Shoot me a PM anytime you want to pick my brain on anything, I'll do my best to help.

Not to mention the cab ride back to HGI....:eek:
The cabbie who does not speak - except in his native tongue to someone on the phone....I was just imagining him telling the person on the line how he was gonna stab me in the throat.

The best cab ride I have ever had. DFD was super funny. :laugh:

Back