MT15: Fuse Help

__Mark__

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been covered in another post, I couldn't find where it has been, so I thought I'd ask...

MT15 went silent on me last week. It powers and lights up just fine, but doesn't make any sound. I replaced and upgraded both power tubes (one was definitely blown) and some of the pre-amp tubes, but when I tested the fuses, the "F3" (labeled on the board) fuse is bad and definitely needs to be replaced.

The problem is I can't find this fuse anywhere online. Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but has anyone had to do this yet?

The fuse = T500mAL 500V

The other two fuses that are still good, "F1 & F2" (250v), appear to be very common, but for the life of me I can't locate the 500 volt fuse anywhere.

I am ASSUMING this will correct the issue, but it's my first time working on a tube amp and I'm just winging it.

Hey all,

Sorry if this has been covered in another post, I couldn't find where it has been, so I thought I'd ask...

MT15 went silent on me last week. It powers and lights up just fine, but doesn't make any sound. I replaced and upgraded both power tubes (one was definitely blown) and some of the pre-amp tubes, but when I tested the fuses, the "F3" (labeled on the board) fuse is bad and definitely needs to be replaced.

The problem is I can't find this fuse anywhere online. Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but has anyone had to do this yet?

The fuse = T500mAL 500V

The other two fuses that are still good, "F1 & F2" (250v), appear to be very common, but for the life of me I can't locate the 500 volt fuse anywhere.

I am ASSUMING this will correct the issue, but it's my first time working on a tube amp and I'm just winging it.
I don’t have that amp, but I’m sure the support guys at PRS can tell you where it can be purchased. The email is in my signature below. Good luck!

If they can’t help, check:
http://www.kenselectronics.com/lists/fuses.htm

or possibly this Ebay ad... 500V versions are rare!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/402847233488?hash=item5dcb90f5d0:g:Zb0AAOSwVk1gWqu5

Last edited:
Did replacing the fuse fix the issue? I'm having the same issue however all fuses have continuity. Strange enough, my F3 is 250v...Wondering if I'm having OT issues...however the speaker will register a pop when switching power modes. Thanks

Back