More Clips, Less Talk

Discussion in 'Studio & Stage' started by LSchefman, Feb 17, 2016.

1. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

Gettin’ it!

pac90 and garrett like this.
  2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Blow man, blow!

garrett likes this.
  3. John

John https://deathbenotproud.bandcamp.com

4. Outlier22

Outlier22 New Member

Ok I don't have any videos or recordings of my PRS by itself. But the other guitar player in my band records our jam sessions on a small digital recorder placed in the middle of room. We generally just jam out once a week. Sometimes we play originals, sometimes covers, and sometimes just play a chord progression. We mostly play Dead songs which lend themselves to improvising well. It's all about jamming and having fun and not at all about trying to reproduce a song. Its all un-rehearsed and most of it we make up on the spot. It surprises me sometimes when we kind of just sync up and it sounds good. (it also annoys me when I mess up the chords lol - which happens a lot.)

Anyway - if you listen to any of the long recordings on the channel the other player does most of the lead on a Tele. I probably play rhythm 60-70% of the time - clean or small amount of OD - often on bridge pickup and split coil sometimes to get that bright loud rhythm sound. ...But this one recording was an impromptu blues jam while we were waiting for the other guitar player to setup. (we never do blues) I'm playing CE24 through Blues Jr. I'm sure I was playing the neck pickup with Tone down halfway at least. Not sure what pedals I had at the time but I think I may have staked a tube screamer and Fulldrive??? I had no plan or idea what I was going to play and didn't know he was recording so we were just screwing around. Made a lot of mistakes (not more than normal) but I loved how got a Les Paul kind of sound out of the PRS so thought I'd post it. :)

Alnus Rubra, bodia and garrett like this.
  5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Nice!

6. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

Gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed the cookie monster vocals, though it's not that easy understanding much. The Pokemon cover was also awesome. Keep 'em coming...

7. John

Thanks, I appreciate that.

8. John

I have a few more to share, just because.

9. Outlier22

Outlier22 New Member

Do you do all the parts including drums and vocals? pretty impressive. (although you should include your head in the shots - maybe the vocals???)

10. John

I write the drum parts, but I don't play. I do handle all of the vocals and the production as a whole, so yes that is me.

Outlier22 likes this.