More Clips, Less Talk

Discussion in 'Studio & Stage' started by LSchefman, Feb 17, 2016.

1. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Get in, loser, we’re going shopping.

Gettin’ it!

pac90 and garrett like this.
  2. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Blow man, blow!

garrett likes this.
  3. John

John https://deathbenotproud.bandcamp.com

Song likes this.
  4. Outlier22

Outlier22 New Member

Ok I don't have any videos or recordings of my PRS by itself. But the other guitar player in my band records our jam sessions on a small digital recorder placed in the middle of room. We generally just jam out once a week. Sometimes we play originals, sometimes covers, and sometimes just play a chord progression. We mostly play Dead songs which lend themselves to improvising well. It's all about jamming and having fun and not at all about trying to reproduce a song. Its all un-rehearsed and most of it we make up on the spot. It surprises me sometimes when we kind of just sync up and it sounds good. (it also annoys me when I mess up the chords lol - which happens a lot.)

Anyway - if you listen to any of the long recordings on the channel the other player does most of the lead on a Tele. I probably play rhythm 60-70% of the time - clean or small amount of OD - often on bridge pickup and split coil sometimes to get that bright loud rhythm sound. ...But this one recording was an impromptu blues jam while we were waiting for the other guitar player to setup. (we never do blues) I'm playing CE24 through Blues Jr. I'm sure I was playing the neck pickup with Tone down halfway at least. Not sure what pedals I had at the time but I think I may have staked a tube screamer and Fulldrive??? I had no plan or idea what I was going to play and didn't know he was recording so we were just screwing around. Made a lot of mistakes (not more than normal) but I loved how got a Les Paul kind of sound out of the PRS so thought I'd post it. :)

Alnus Rubra, bodia and garrett like this.
  5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

Nice!

6. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Feed & Seed

Gotta say, I thoroughly enjoyed the cookie monster vocals, though it's not that easy understanding much. The Pokemon cover was also awesome. Keep 'em coming...

7. John

Thanks, I appreciate that.

8. John

I have a few more to share, just because.

Song likes this.
  9. Outlier22

Outlier22 New Member

Do you do all the parts including drums and vocals? pretty impressive. (although you should include your head in the shots - maybe the vocals???)

10. John

I write the drum parts, but I don't play. I do handle all of the vocals and the production as a whole, so yes that is me.

Outlier22 likes this.
  11. Song

Song In Nomine Dilectio

Recorded about 12 years ago when I was round

12. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

New sonic territory: an alternate tuning I'll call Dumeril Standard. It's DADAAD, or an open D5.

Here's a backing track workout that includes barre-across chords (F5, A5, G5 for example) but also some new grips I came up with. Those create D minor and D minor no 5th, as well as some sus2 and sus 4 chords. The point is to keep at least three open strings ringing.

Anyone's welcome to jam along and create some leads over these. On with the show:

https://soundcloud.com/user-704424983/dumeril-standard-tuning-demo-high-guitar

It's just one guitar, a PRS SC-J. There's no chorus, no doubling, no multi-tracking - that ringing is the guitar itself in DADAAD.

==K==

PS - One of the grips creates a chord that, low to high, spells DDDDDD. I'm guessing that's some sort of D chord. ;)

bodia and Song like this.
  13. Song

Song In Nomine Dilectio

Alternate tuning is awesome. Thanks for posting. The Guitar Tunings Database has your tuning. They call it Blixa Bargeld https://www.gtdb.org/dadaad
    But all Ds is called ostrich tuning. As you know a true D major chord triad is D - F# - A
    One of my favorite alt tunings is called Page dgcgcd best known in the rain song. dgcgcd on the studio version but a whole step up to eadade on the live version.
    And then there's my fingerstyle 12 string version which I call the rain wrong https://soundcloud.com/johnnyjacksonbrooks/3-19-19a

Outlier22 likes this.
  14. Kiwi

Kiwi New Member

Thank you, Song - hadn't ever heard of Blixa, but was generally aware that The English Beat had used the DADAAD tuning in some of their jangle pop in the 80s. And the Ostrich tuning name was definitely new to me.

Enjoyed the Rain Wrong (and your 12-string HB-II) !

=K

Song likes this.
  15. GADonis

GADonis New Member

Let's see if this works. Just a boring, to watch, video of a little blues jam with a looper. When I have something I don't want to forget, I set up my phone and record it with focus on the left hand. This is my 2001 McCarty into a Boogie TC-50. I think the looper is from the Line6 M13.

Hmm, doesn't seem to want to embed but I guess it links out to it.

#415 GADonis, Jul 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  16. Song

Song In Nomine Dilectio

Would love to see your video but...

"Video Unavailable
    This video may no longer exist, or you don't have permission to view it.
    Learn More"

17. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules New and improved member

Two beautiful songs, and a great job on both!

Song likes this.
  18. GADonis

GADonis New Member

Looks like the video was set to "Me Only." I think I now have it set to public.

19. Song

Song In Nomine Dilectio

Muchas gracias DTR!

#419 Song, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    DreamTheaterRules likes this.
  20. DreamTheaterRules

DreamTheaterRules New and improved member

Hey, thank you for posting them. Really enjoyed both.