We played out......

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
We played out tonight. My brother popped in and checked out a good half of the set. Got a decent video clip. It is rather "rhythm guy" centric because, well, he IS my brother. And the flipping of the cell phone from landscape to portrait was a little disconcerting, but I think the clip turned out decent.

He posted it on Facebook, so who knows how long the time stamp will last. . .but here it is.

Is the album done?
Well....LOOONNNGGGGGG story here. We have most of the "raw" stems done. A couple of more vocal things she wants to do. And she brought in a session guy to do keyboards because it was feeling a bit "string heavy" for an album. But, she is having issues getting along with the way the producer is working. So, she may be taking her sh** to another guy that she liked better from the beginning but he wasn't local. Since she owns all the material she may be taking it to him to finish up mixing and mastering after the next vocal session.

I think I mentioned in the beginning I had this feeling about this when it started out. But this is HER project.....I just was brought on to hold down some chord strumming. But I feel like we wasted about a YEAR worth of [expensive] time. This thing could have been done a year ago.

I will be keeping you all posted though.

And she is pressing forward. Even re-released her last album in prep for this one coming out.

Well....LOOONNNGGGGGG story here. We have most of the "raw" stems done. A couple of more vocal things she wants to do. And she brought in a session guy to do keyboards because it was feeling a bit "string heavy" for an album. But, she is having issues getting along with the way the producer is working. So, she may be taking her sh** to another guy that she liked better from the beginning but he wasn't local. Since she owns all the material she may be taking it to him to finish up mixing and mastering after the next vocal session.

I think I mentioned in the beginning I had this feeling about this when it started out. But this is HER project.....I just was brought on to hold down some chord strumming. But I feel like we wasted about a YEAR worth of [expensive] time. This thing could have been done a year ago.

I will be keeping you all posted though.

And she is pressing forward. Even re-released her last album in prep for this one coming out.
Thanks for the update! Sounds like a real hooha to "get 'er done"!! Such is life, I hope she can work it out!!! Keep on rockin' ;~))

Back