Modified Monday

I had my Archon(s) re-tolexed, in order to quell my inner OCD of matching the head and cab. Besides, I actually like the Taurus that MESA/Boogie offers.

20953225_10213618175711637_8744654913676292848_n.jpg

18920770_10212826755246620_2409580205217053547_o.jpg

Anybody installed a Graphtech Ghost Piezo pickup in their PRS? Thinking of getting an S2 22SH and putting one in.

I did in an older custom 24. I had a thread about it. Do a search in the forum.

Yep I did it to a CE22 quite a few years back, was pretty happy with it, especially being able to use the single output
Nice, I was curious about how hard it was to do. I think PTC will do it (I know they used to), but I don't mind doing it myself if it isn't too terribly difficult.

I did in an older custom 24. I had a thread about it. Do a search in the forum.
Tried, I saw a few, but none really outline the process. Didn't see your thread though.

Not Monday but I wanted to throw these pictures up here. I've been wanting to put a rosewood truss rod cover on my custom 24 as I thought it looked much cleaner. I got this one from the unique component on Reverb and it looks and fits perfect.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to put on some flame maple tuning buttons to match the neck...

6rdOI35.jpg

Vigxx5Y.jpg

sdUCeXj.jpg

Not Monday but I wanted to throw these pictures up here. I've been wanting to put a rosewood truss rod cover on my custom 24 as I thought it looked much cleaner. I got this one from the unique component on Reverb and it looks and fits perfect.

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to put on some flame maple tuning buttons to match the neck...

6rdOI35.jpg

Vigxx5Y.jpg

sdUCeXj.jpg

Looks great! I'd vote for leaving the gold buttons on. Goes great with that top, and I can't see the neck!

I'll never understand why some people insist upon ruining their guitars with modifications :iamconfused: ... The negative effects on resale value alone is enough for me to keep all of my PRS stock from the factory as Paul intended!

If you want to tinker with pickups or something just get a kit guitar or a partscaster to mess around with. Once you break that first solder joint or install a TRC with a non-factory spec screw the guitar is worthless... you might even scratch something.

well what i think when i modded my single cut. I don't plan on selling it ever.

In the spirit of Private Stock Friday and Ten Top Tuesday, let's get a thread going dedicated to modified PRS guitars and amps. It doesn't matter if it's a pickup ring swap or a complete refinish, just as long as it's different from the day it left the factory!

Post pics of before and after, with descriptions of the mods (and reasons if you wish), and bonus points for works in progress shots.

I'll get the ball rolling with my PTC modified DC3, it ended up with 3 x narrow 408s (actually 2 x bass 408s and 1 x Paul's Treble to be precise), a 3-way blade to select bass, bass/treble or treble, a push-pull to activate the middle pickup, plus 3 x mini switches for the coil "tapping" of the 408s. That adds up to 24 different pickup combinations, hence the nickname "624". Skitchy did all the work :adore:

Before: that's my kind of MOD great.

photo-25_zps03c43c0d.jpg

After:

117.jpg

At the PTC all taped up prior to routing:

IMG_20130719.jpg

I took a peek under the bonnet...

IMG_20140329_094151.jpg

That's a lot of wires!

IMG_20140329_094748.jpg

and of course the most important mod of all...

IMG_4224.jpg

Ok let's see 'em!

Anybody installed a Graphtech Ghost Piezo pickup in their PRS? Thinking of getting an S2 22SH and putting one in.

there was a BAM guy that did it some years ago not with an s2 but a core model - it was very good. there are youtube vids by him - the name is something like "moltisanto"

Back