Modified Monday

I could offer studs in polished or satin BLACK NICKEL. What do you think?
You know, I was going to be perfectly happy with brass until you said this. I'm uh...I'm going to have to be in touch.

e6a560364348cffbd1158c42d0bba852.jpg

bodia - that is BA. If I had a Studio I'd probably do exactly the same thing (I even have a 59/09 sitting in the parts drawer...). Well played Sir, well played.

Bowtie - nice work! How do you find the range of tones now compared to the rotary?

bodia - that is BA. If I had a Studio I'd probably do exactly the same thing (I even have a 59/09 sitting in the parts drawer...). Well played Sir, well played.

Thanks! Now, if I could only play well.....

Just a small update (finally) on Wanda... Chucked in some uncovered (hybrid) 53/10s and changed the mini-toggles to DPDT on-on-ons so I can now choose which coil is active when in split mode. Most for interest sakes to see what the tonal differences are... The downfall is I couldn't do the "resistor mod" because of the way the "hot" moves on one of the options. Sorry for terrible pics, only just strung it up and there's not any good light yet.

Wanted to get this one out of the way since I have another project (or 2) about to start ;)

DSC_1191.jpg

DSC_1192.jpg

Edit - sounds like I need to reverse the bridge pickup wiring or flip the magnet since it sounds like it's out of phase when used with the neck or middle pickup. I do remember there being something different about the P22 pickups, maybe this is it...

2nd edit - Yep that was it, luckily I only had to change 2 wires on the mini-toggle.

Tone report and/or vid to follow...

Last edited:
Outstanding! Lov the color too. I'm a sucker for sea foam.

Thanks bro, I did put my first ding in it doing this though (small chip in the headstock paint). Well not counting routing a hole in it for the Narrowfield of course!

Very nice!!!! Now get some hybrid tuners and your set:congrats:

Cheers although I'm not actually a fan of gold hardware so I might leave them as is I reckon, plus they already have a "gold" on the brass post :)

Thanks bro, I did put my first ding in it doing this though (small chip in the headstock paint). Well not counting routing a hole in it for the Narrowfield of course!

Just to make you feel better, I noobed the "plain jane" maple neck that came for the gold leaf CE project. I put the left side tuners on the right side of the headstock. I had all 3 on before I noticed. Now I have 3 extra holes on the back of the headstock on right side.:redface:
Moral of the story.....ease up on the Sergio appoved PRS body polish before picking up power tools :cheers:Or, measure twice, cut once.

Cheers guys!

Bodia - that sucks man! I did mine on a hangover, gotta say soldering whilst hungover isn't fun...

I just realised I have 3 projects still to do now (I have a 4th but I'm undecided on that one), the next one I'll kick off pretty soon, the other 2 I need to source some bits and pieces for. Watch this space ;)

Very nice job. I want a project to work on like that. Any suggestions? Oh and I like blue guitars........

Looks awesome Justin, I bet she's a tone machine!

Thanks man, I spent a bit of time with her yesterday and there's some cool tones coming out, but still need to fine tune the pickup heights.

Very nice job. I want a project to work on like that. Any suggestions? Oh and I like blue guitars........

Depends on your budget and what you're looking for. A S2 Singlecut Standard in Ice Blue Firemist could be cool, all hog (different from your maple/hog lineup) and a pickguard making mods "easy". Some people don't like the look but I dig them.

Nice! If I end up with a Kestrel (likely) I'll be changing the pick guard out for something pearloid (black or white, I have both blanks at home)
Nice idea! It has a lot of pickguard area, so it will make a big difference. Now I have ot do that, but not until I have another bass operational.

Back