Modified Monday

Here's my Modified Paul Reed Smith S2 Standard 24 satin.

A lot of these are specific to my tastes and aren't for everybody.

I removed the B&G Pickups and wiring harness, and installed a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck and a Seymour Duncan '59 trembucker in the bridge. I wired it up with a standard pair of CTS 500k pots [no push-pulls] using pushback wire, an orange drop cap, switchcraft selector and jack. I installed copper shielding tape through the entire cavity and pickguard. In the back cavity I installed a wood block of mahogany on the rear of the trem and a tremolo-no on the front of the trem, essentially making this a fixed bridge [double stop bends being out of tune, or having the entire thing out of tune when you break a string drives me nuts]. Finally a custom cut/etched truss rod cover from Adam @ Etched Audio, Schaller strap locks, black speed knobs [I'm just used to them], along with a pro level set up and she's my ideal PRS. I LOVE the thin finish and the pattern regular neck!

Thanks for looking!

Whole guitar;
5cn478.jpg

Truss rod cover;
25ionjp.jpg

Body;
9vh1t2.jpg

Here's my Modified Paul Reed Smith S2 Standard 24 satin.

A lot of these are specific to my tastes and aren't for everybody.

I removed the B&G Pickups and wiring harness, and installed a Seymour Duncan Jazz in the neck and a Seymour Duncan '59 trembucker in the bridge. I wired it up with a standard pair of CTS 500k pots [no push-pulls] using pushback wire, an orange drop cap, switchcraft selector and jack. I installed copper shielding tape through the entire cavity and pickguard. In the back cavity I installed a wood block of mahogany on the rear of the trem and a tremolo-no on the front of the trem, essentially making this a fixed bridge [double stop bends being out of tune, or having the entire thing out of tune when you break a string drives me nuts]. Finally a custom cut/etched truss rod cover from Adam @ Etched Audio, Schaller strap locks, black speed knobs [I'm just used to them], along with a pro level set up and she's my ideal PRS. I LOVE the thin finish and the pattern regular neck!

Thanks for looking!

Whole guitar;
5cn478.jpg

Truss rod cover;
25ionjp.jpg

Body;
9vh1t2.jpg

Nice mods!

I was considering modifying my Autumn Sky 408. In October, Mann Made will apparently be selling replacement tremolo bridges. So I was thinking one of those in gold tone, plus gold tone tuning buttons and bushings. But then I realized the fret wires themselves are the same color as the existing nickel-plate hardware, as are the micro-switches. So I just saved myself $300 by not modding! :)

The one mod I am seriously considering is giving each pup its own tone control, with a stacked control in place of the existing tone control. That would allow a serious tone change just by hitting the 3-way switch.

Serg, it goes way beyond that.

Modding a guitar is an antisocial act that undermines societal norms and is a first step toward the collapse of civilization.

Research has shown that the collapse of the Roman Empire was caused at least in part by the modification of musical instruments (which the Romans referred to as cithara modificatio), and not as some believe, by such causes as a burgeoning Germanic population that was pressured to migrate in its turn by tribes like the Huns, or having its own population weakened by plagues and a malaria outbreak in the 4th Century.* The result of this cithara modificatio? nearly 1000 years of reversion to subsistence farming, dependence on primitive beliefs instead of a strong central authority, and chaos.

It is also unsettling to note that in chaotic periods of history the masses do not dress well. I would suggest going into any Wal-Mart or shopping mall today and comparing how people dress with photographs of similar places merely 50 years ago to see with your own eyes how our society is falling into disorder.

The mere fact that we, a presumably civilized society, tolerate our own cithara modificatio is clear evidence that the world is going to Hell in a hand basket, and we should have none of it. The first step in restoring a truly civilized society to glory is to refuse this practice.

Don't even get me started on the deleterious effects of tolerating Rock and Roll or Jazz. Or the wearing of blue jeans, T-shirts, and (especially) sweat pants in public!

A musician should wear a suit, tie, play only classical music on a stock instrument, and show a little respect!

*Effects of Cithara Modificatio and the Collapse of Roman Civilization, LSchefman, University of Northwestern Detroit Press (1993).

I, at least, wear a tie when I play out. Even in the summer. And, my guitars come from the factory with the electronics as I use them.
To think that some musically talented players would wear tan cargo pants, and a casual shirt to play music, is beyond the unthinkable!

Why I would rather endure coitus interuptus, then Cithara Modificatio!

I would post my SC, but all that's modified is the pickups and they look exactly the same. So here's my "more modified" CU24 Brazilian :D

Rosewood tuning buttons, rosewood pickup rings, rosewood knobs & switch tip, and most recently a lovely set of hybrid hardware 53/10 Neck & \m/ Bridge pickups.

I would post my SC, but all that's modified is the pickups and they look exactly the same. So here's my "more modified" CU24 Brazilian :D

Rosewood tuning buttons, rosewood pickup rings, rosewood knobs & switch tip, and most recently a lovely set of hybrid hardware 53/10 Neck & \m/ Bridge pickups.

Now I like those knobs. Where did you get those and tuner buttons?

That Green single cut makes my heart beat faster !!!!!! Love it

2006 SC. Changed the bridge to adjustable and the pups to SC250. It is now essentially an SC250, or a Tremonti hardtail with a fatter neck. Stay tuned, going to BKP Cold Sweats soon...

Before

After

2006 SC. Changed the bridge to adjustable and the pups to SC250. It is now essentially an SC250, or a Tremonti hardtail with a fatter neck. Stay tuned, going to BKP Cold Sweats soon...

Before

After

I'm not an Emerald green guitars usually but I can't stop ogling this beauty with this killer mod
Enjoy

Back