Modern eagle tuning problems

BlackhawksCRNA

I have a 2004 ME and the tuning has become very unstable. Seems like the g is a constant battle and I'm tuning between every song. It Is a stop tail model. Any suggestions?

Just to ask the obvious:

Have you swapped strings recently? (Either Yes or No could be the cause: new strings may need to be stretched out or you just have a bad G string, and old strings might be starting to fail and the G string is going first...)

Do you bend the G string more than the other strings?

Have you changed string gauges recently? Have you gone up in size?

Any other changes made to the guitar or the environment in which it resides?

Dunno what else to ask at this point...

It has 9's and was set up at the pTC for them. It was worse before the string chNge. After the change I stretched them to make sure that wasn't the issue. Still just seems off..

check the tuner. do you have slippage on the string, if you tug on it, does it give, slacken? Is the tuner failing? When you turn it, does it fill loose then gets taunt, if so the tuner could be the problem

check the tuner. do you have slippage on the string, if you tug on it, does it give, slacken? Is the tuner failing? When you turn it, does it fill loose then gets taunt, if so the tuner could be the problem
Looks like it may be the tuner. Are these available individual or do I need to buy a set?

I don't wanna sound like a smart aleck, but have you tried tightening the screws? Make sure all of them are tight...on the back of the headstock and the one that holds the button onto the shaft.

Back