Modern Eagle Quatro Vs. Custom 24 Vs. Custom 24 Artist

mikehart82

I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way of getting what I want in terms of money spent.

I want a 24 fret PRS in either blue or charcoal

I like the modern Eagle quatro because the neck is bound, but I hate the toggle switch and would prefer either a blade or rotary switch.

I also want the back of the guitar to have a natural finish, so if I get a used or standard custom 24, I'd have to refinish the back of the guitar, correct?

I also would like either a maple or rosewood neck.

I'd like to keep it around $4k, but if I can get away with less, that's fine too.

Discuss...

Sounds like a new Custom 24 Artist Package may be the only way to go. You'll get the blade, 24 frets with neck / fingerboard choice, pickup selection, etc. Your color choice with the natural back is limited though...to turquoise, teal black and a few others...check out the link:

http://prsguitars.com/artistpackage/build_electric.php

Beyond that you're looking at private stock ($8K+) or getting really lucky used. Happy hunting!

I've seen (online, and in person at GC) several Custom 24's with rosewood necks AND uncovered 57/08 pickups that weren't artist package guitars. More like "dealer specced", like getting an Artist Package at normal or Ten Top prices.

Back