Mini Pedal Madness, Part 1 - Wah Wahs | GEAR GODS

Mini Pedal Madness, Part 2 - Delays | GEAR GODS
PS, all the pedals are going through the effects loop on the Archon.
He has been using the Archon for several vids now since reviewing the Archon many months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I'm too much of a fuddy-duddy, old school purist snob, but I really am failing see why pedals and amps) are shrinking nowadays. It just seems like a gimmicky fad to me in order to get players to keep buying stuff they don't necessary need, particularly if they have the regular versions already. My own opinion.

I know.
I have the HUGE Flashback X4, and also the smaller X4 for my bass pedal board.
But the micro size Flashback here is too small IMO.

he made a error on the review of the tc electronic flashback. you can beam tone print tones to the pedal via smart phone app thru the pickup that is in use on the guitar. I have the 3 tc pedals and i use the app to switch tone prints. very easy and super fast ( if you have a smart phone)

Maybe I'm too much of a fuddy-duddy, old school purist snob, but I really am failing see why pedals and amps) are shrinking nowadays. It just seems like a gimmicky fad to me in order to get players to keep buying stuff they don't necessary need, particularly if they have the regular versions already. My own opinion.
The smaller the pedal, the more pedals I can fit on my board. If you already have one and you aren't hurting for space on your pedal board, stick with what you have. But let's say I want the sound of the EHX Big Muff, but I don't want it to take up half of my board. Now I can use the Nano Big Muff to get the same sound in a much smaller package. And as far as amps, if I can get the same sound out of a smaller/lighter package, I'm a happy camper just because I don't have to lug around heavy amps anymore.

Some people may look at it as diluting the brand/industry, but IMO, having more options can only benefit me as a consumer.

IMO the problem with mini pedals is the size of your shoe. Even with the 'regular' size Boss pedals, I can only have two right next to each other - then there has to be a gap of at least an inch to the next pedal. Else they are too close together, and I end up stomping two when I only meant to stomp one.

Combined with the fact that the mini pedals make parameter-setting difficult, I truly don't see the charm. I do have one (a looper), but that's just because it worked out that way.

Am I the only one who thinks that the metal tones on the last video are pretty awful?

Granted, I'm not a connoisseur of metal, but I've heard some great metal tones, and these don't sound like any of those. Even the amp without the pedals didn't sound very good to me.

Metal fans, do I have this wrong?

Back