Meh

fender1punk

Certified Guitar Hoarder
Now admittedly, I didn't know who Mark Holcomb was, but his signature model looked pretty sweet. So when rumors of an SE version began, I wasn't so excited. Bit by bit though, I was swayed toward looking forward to seeing this beast. And now that it has arrived, as in revealed on prsguitars.com, the finish totally throws me off. It just does nothing for me. It might look better in person, but meh. Hopefully it eventually comes in another finish because right now it's a pass for me. Don't hate, it's just one opinion, and it's all in good nature.

That's all understood. What blows ME away on this SE is that it includes Holcomb's signature SD Alpha-Omega pickups, has an EBONY fretboard with binding, has a 25.5 inch scale (a PRS novelty), AND has a push-pull tone pot. Ugly finish or not, this is a tone weapon of mass destruction, and that's coming from a Holcomb owner. The Alpha-Omega set is fabulous and incredibly versatile. To each their own, but if you pick this up and play it in the dark, you may just fall in love anyway. Be warned.

Oh. Meh. Gerd.

Just to one-up you; I don't like anything in the current lineup but Santana's anymore.

The guitar specs are great. I just think the finish looks terrible, and I don't play guitar in the dark. I bought guitars like that before. Played great, looked meh. Either it gets covered in stickers, colored duct tape, ( I was young) or it never sees the light of day.

It's actually the most complicated finish on an SE -- they went through great lengths to keep the Holcomb Burst finish on the SE version. I am definitely getting one because purple.

That said, I thought it already came in another finish.
yvVbFDt.png

Lollers, nope.
Why would anyone take issue with you not wanting a guitar?
Because we're all enablers here.

Hopefully it eventually comes in another finish because right now it's a pass for me. Don't hate...

No one's going to lose sleep over your reasons for buying, or not buying, a guitar.

On the other hand, posting a negative nancy thread for the sole purpose of whining about the color the guitar comes in?

Really?

Just to one-up you; I don't like anything in the current lineup but Santana's anymore.

I'm not sure you needed to share that. But...OK.

Incidentally, do you even have a Santana?

Last edited:
Lol. Just so we can say it's been done, I'm taking issue with you not liking this guitar.

I lost a lot of sleep last night (even though I only saw this thread today...) and I will not be satisfied until EVERYONE loves this guitar!

Your opinion is so invaluable to me that I intend to argue with you until I'm blue in the face to make you change.

What's it going to take for me to get you into one of these here guitars?

Of the limited number I've already seen in the wild, there's quite a bit af variety in the burst finish...from light grey with a pronounced purple burst to a well-blended light to dark burst with a tinge of purple.

Lol. Just so we can say it's been done, I'm taking issue with you not liking this guitar.

I lost a lot of sleep last night (even though I only saw this thread today...) and I will not be satisfied until EVERYONE loves this guitar!

Your opinion is so invaluable to me that I intend to argue with you until I'm blue in the face to make you change.

I lol'ed.

Wait, why is this thread a negative nancy? I remember people ripping on the Zach Meyers for the Trampas Green finish before it came in other colors. Why is this different? :confused:

Wait, why is this thread a negative nancy? I remember people ripping on the Zach Meyers for the Trampas Green finish before it came in other colors. Why is this different? :confused:

It isn't different. It's every bit as shallow and annoying.

I hate these guitars even more than he does. If you ever want to sleep again, you'd better send me one and force me to play it until I like it! ;)

That, sir, is a KL33!

It came with Mira pickups, and there are loads of other differences! You've modded yours anyway. Cool guitar, but...

I know a Santana. And you, Senator, are no Santana player!

Never try to confuse Lesteban The Ancient! For Lesteban The Ancient is too gnarly and wise to be fooled by mere contrivances.

Last edited:
I have the same answer every time for whiners who hate the paint on a particular guitar...

7141301_kry_51602_pri_larg.jpg

Dries in 10 minutes or less. You could have a flat black tone machine in almost no time.

Who in their right mind would ever spray paint a PRS? Certainly not a "whiner"! No, that type of behavior is reserved for winos.

That, sir, is a KL33!

It came with Mira pickups, and there are loads of other differences! You've modded yours anyway. Cool guitar, but...

I know a Santana. And you, Senator, are no Santana player!

Never try to confuse Lesteban The Ancient! For Lesteban The Ancient is too gnarly and wise to be fooled by mere contrivances.

That's a pretty low blow comparing me to Dan Quayle..

I did you no personal injury, Mr Lesteban. If I did, I beg your pardon.

Let us not assassinate the OP further. He is merely bummed and venting on the internet about a lack of color options as people are wont to do.

Your McCartyism hearings have done enough. Have you no sense of decency, Sir? :p

Back