Meet The New Boss..

László

Too Many Notes
...Same as the old boss!

I'll make a long story short. In the middle of a key studio project a few weeks ago, an essential piece of gear crapped out, and I had to replace it. But I was caught with my pants down, as I'd totally emptied the gear budget! Couldn't let the client down, so I had to sell something quick to replace it and get the studio up and running again, fast.

I decided I couldn't part with a guitar, since guitars are unique and irreplaceable. So I sold my HX/DA to a nice guy. I hated doing it, but I figured PRS could build me another one and it would sound just as good.

They did, and it arrived yesterday. I liked the one I had so much that I even wanted it to look the same. I like black stealth amps. But my other one had charcoal in front, so this one does, too. It does all the same wonderful things. I could have tried a Paul's or a Dave's amp, but...my HXDA was the "my tone" amp, and I wanted the SAME boss! ;)

Happiness.

Here 'tis:

I have been thinking about another amp lately and your enthusiasm for the HXDA makes it very tempting to try Les.

The three you mentioned are the very models in my sights.

What's a guy to do:

DG30?
MDT?
HXDA?

It's a bit overwhelming to think about really...

Glad it worked out for you. I agree, letting clients down is not an option.

I have been thinking about another amp lately and your enthusiasm for the HXDA makes it very tempting to try Les.

The three you mentioned are the very models in my sights.

What's a guy to do:

DG30?
MDT?
HXDA?

It's a bit overwhelming to think about really...

I agree, it's a tough choice, they all sound so great in the videos. In fact, I picked the HXDA originally because I liked the way the website videos sounded. Never picked an amp from a video before! At the time, a year ago, they didn't make the Dave's amp; I went for the HXDA because I'd had several nice D and T style amps in recent years, and simply figured it was time for a change.

And of course, I fell in love with the darn thing once I had it! So getting another one was kind of a given. I'm hoping to add a DG30 to the studio arsenal next year; I guess we shall see.

Glad it worked out for you. I agree, letting clients down is not an option.

Easy decision...really. There was only one right thing to do.

I knew it would just be a matter of being patient for a couple of weeks, as I had some invoices outstanding. And it was for our best client!

After the UPS man came to pick it up, I only had to be sedated for a few days. :)

Last edited:
And nary a tall building or high-powered rifle was involved!

Couldn't have been a fun few weeks. I mean, we all like new gear, but not under those circumstances!

And nary a tall building or high-powered rifle was involved!

Couldn't have been a fun few weeks. I mean, we all like new gear, but not under those circumstances!

Well, it wasn't a happy event, but honestly I had work to do and like all my gear, ultimately the amp is a work tool regardless of how I feel about it.

Getting the new one was fun, and I can't look back!

Gosh I love this amp. It's the perfect complement to the way I play.

I know in our heads we all "hear" tones that seem right. This amp makes those tones for me, especially when I play single note lines.

It just fits.

Glad it all worked out Les and your back in Love with your favorite amp! And I think that the DG30 will be a great addition for you in the future because it has a different sort of VOX vibe to it. I have both the HXDA and the DG30 and Love to switch between the two. They both have very distinct sounds to them.

Glad it all worked out Les and your back in Love with your favorite amp! And I think that the DG30 will be a great addition for you in the future because it has a different sort of VOX vibe to it. I have both the HXDA and the DG30 and Love to switch between the two. They both have very distinct sounds to them.

I think like you think. Seems like the DG would be the perfect compliment to the HX.

I gave my son my30 watt Roccaforte Rockie for a project, and it had sort of a Vox vibe (plus a little Marshall 18 watt vibe mixed in, depending on speakers used with it), great amp, and I think the DG will fill that niche as a nice amp to layer with the HX.

I love it. One day I will start my PRS amp journey.

Back