McCarty, back in the fold! :)

your name here

Just some guy...
I got this in the other day... '99 McCarty, just like my first PRS, which I stupidly sold in search of greener, custom made/bespoke/super boutique-y pastures... Those pastures don't really exist for me, I think. I guess I had to do it to satisfy myself, though.

Anyway, I'm loving having it back. The Wide Fat neck is my favorite - I prefer it slightly over my Cu24's Pattern Regular. I also dig the McCarty's thicker body... The Cu24 is a beast though, and is going nowhere. :)

Conclusion: PRS guitars and my Nocaster get 99% of the sounds I need. I have other stuff for fun, but yeah... No more getting rid of personal benchmark guitars I said I'd never sell.

I do kiiiiinda wanna try some 58/15's in it though, to see what I'm missing. Haha

Sweet! Great to have what you love.

PS, yes the 58/15s are terrific pickups. But so are the originals...

Nice! That's what a Mac should look like (in the mirror).

Thanks!

Yeah, that's always been the quintessential McCarty to me. McCarty Burst, moons, non-10 top (although this one is really nice and more figured than my original one).

It's the one I fell in love with after seeing it in Guitar Shop magazine, back in the 90's. :)

Thanks!

Yeah, that's always been the quintessential McCarty to me. McCarty Burst, moons, non-10 top (although this one is really nice and more figured than my original one).

It's the one I fell in love with after seeing it in Guitar Shop magazine, back in the 90's. :)

Agreed!
Those are the only ones I look at for the most part. Classic look.

Back