Mayer

PeterK

So NAMM is tomorrow...Are we gonna see the PRS Mayer Strat??
vsg3UzX.jpg

Neither were in last night's booth walk-through on Facebook, but who knows, maybe a special secret reveal during the course of the show?

Neither were in last night's booth walk-through on Facebook, but who knows, maybe a special secret reveal during the course of the show?
Wouldn't surprise me. Their main showcase isn't supposed to happen til tomorrow, I believe.

Wouldn't surprise me. Their main showcase isn't supposed to happen til tomorrow, I believe.

Could be. The only surprise to me last night was the absence of the Paul's Guitar, which is now gone from the website also. Everything else shown was previously announced.

Man, I am super interested in the Mayercaster... I hope they don't wait for Summer NAMM (which would be better for my wallet, actually)...

I will be genuinely surprised if there is not a "big reveal" at NAMM. The guitar has been in process for at least a year. John was "track testing" updated/improved models during his later solo tour dates. And he told me in August that the plan was to put out a production model in 2018. Just reading tea leaves. I'm new to the PRS universe - when PRS unveiled the new JM amp and the Super Eagles, was it a surprise reveal at NAMM or did everyone know it was coming?

In any event, at this point I'm just curious. I made a decision to get a used Custom 24 rather than the new Mayer guitar. And I can't really replace my current Strat with this PRS "Strat" because John signed my current Strat so I can't get rid of it anyway. I had a $2,000 budget and it's a pretty safe assumption that even a bolt-on Mayer PRS guitar will be more than $2,000 brand new. Maybe some day I'll have TWO PRS guitars!

Back