Mann bridge

cvballa008

hello all,

I was installing a Mann made tremolo on a PRS, and I installed it just like the instructions said but when I put the springs on, you can see the block and it seems like the tremolo is way too high. Any have any experiences? I have a really nasty metallic buzz coming from the strings also :(

Yep I sure did. And that’s what has me stumped. It couldn’t be any closer to 2.5mm than it already is. It just doesn’t make any sense. And when I put the springs on it puts the block right against the body of the guitar.

Sound like you need to adjust the claw screws if the trem is sitting in the screw slots and the springs are on and the guitar it tuned to pitch and the bridge is resting on the body you would need to loosen the claw screws

okay here are the pictures.

C87EC71D-BC3E-4D54-85F2-38D4C4E48BB6.jpeg

F711D2C0-ED31-43DA-82B5-2A1C638F2120.jpeg

C0E616D0-418F-4047-B1E0-F0904A03C13F.jpeg

okay here are the pictures.

C87EC71D-BC3E-4D54-85F2-38D4C4E48BB6.jpeg

F711D2C0-ED31-43DA-82B5-2A1C638F2120.jpeg

C0E616D0-418F-4047-B1E0-F0904A03C13F.jpeg

With no strings on, that's what you'll get. String it up, tune to pitch and see where you're at. Then, adjust your claw screws in, or out, until you get the trem parallel to the body. You may have to tune and adjust the claw screws a few times to get it right.

Then, next time you change strings take a thin piece of card board, or a couple of business cards, and wrap some masking tape around it. Slide that under the back of your trem before you take the old strings off. That will keep the trem off the body while you're restringing.

That looks like a large gap, not sure you measured correctly. Watch that video closely, do EXACTLY what they show you, and it is nearly impossible to not be right.

I don't think it looks like the bridge is on the knife edges either. Looks butted up against the bottom of the screws. Hard to tell with no tension on it. If it looked like that with strings on it, it would definitely be wonky.

when the tension is off, it floats freely and sits flush against the body of the guitar. the screws are honestly as close to 2.5mm as theyre going to get. I spent about 2 hours in total making sure the gap was correct. I just don't get it :/ if I go any lower, I run the risk of breaking the screws

well I got it as close as I could, what is the proper clearance for the string? mine are buzzing on the frets.

well I got it as close as I could, what is the proper clearance for the string? mine are buzzing on the frets.

It kinda depends, but at the 12th fret you should be able to reasonably get 4/64" on the treble and 5/64" on the bass side. This is the distance from the top of the fret to the bottom of the string.

hmmm... I need to go buy a feeler gauge. because I can tell you now, my strings are no where close to that. I measured the back of the tremelo, its sitting about ~1/16" off the body of the guitar which did straight out the tremelo black a lot. now I just have to work on string height, adjust the pick ups back to where they should be(the original owner dropped them to fit bubble wrap underneath and I should be set up to go.

Back