Mann bridge

So I went to my local music store a town over last night and got a few tools needed for setting the guitar up. I got it as close as possible to what someone posted a few replies above. My question is, could I potentially go a little lower on the action? It’s still well within playable and doesn’t buzz at all. For my low action people, what do you set your strings at? I use 10s btw.

So I went to my local music store a town over last night and got a few tools needed for setting the guitar up. I got it as close as possible to what someone posted a few replies above. My question is, could I potentially go a little lower on the action? It’s still well within playable and doesn’t buzz at all. For my low action people, what do you set your strings at? I use 10s btw.

You can go just as low as you feel comfortable with. Extremely low actions will require an extremely precise fret leveling, careful truss rod adjustment, and a very light touch not to buzz on the attack while playing.

On my strandberg, the action is set to like 2/64 - 4/64, because it's that sort of guitar, but the PRSi are all set up 4-5 64ths as I really like to dig in while playing them.

And lastly, how much space should be between the strings and the humbuckers?

There's no hard/fast rule for this. "It depends"

Not so close that the strings hit the pups is the only advice I'd give, other than that, play with it, see what tone you like best.

Of course, you can loosen them too far down, and they will fall off the ends of the screws, that's not fun. So try not to go any lower than the top of the mounting rings.

WHY... WHY... WHY ... WOULD YOU NOT CALL ME FOR HELP / ADVICE?

I AM AVAILABLE FOR HELP JUST ABOUT ANYTIME (well... as long as I'm awake) ;-)

CALL ME... EMAIL ME...

yagguZD.jpg

There's no hard/fast rule for this. "It depends"

Not so close that the strings hit the pups is the only advice I'd give, other than that, play with it, see what tone you like best.

Of course, you can loosen them too far down, and they will fall off the ends of the screws, that's not fun. So try not to go any lower than the top of the mounting rings.
okay good to know

Back