Made a "tool" to remove stubborn stud wells

M3TAl

So I had to come up with a way to remove these bridge stud wells from my PRS SE Paul's Guitar because I destroyed the stud screw while trying to remove them. Originally I was removing them to make sure the ground wire was there, it was.

I've removed stud wells in other guitars in the past. These were INSANE! Never seen them so insanely tight! I tried all the tricks. Pry tools (they bent/broke), Stick a screw in the well hole and then crank down on the bridge stud... That just embedded the screw in the wood, stud well didn't move a millimeter. Sure was fun getting that screw out once the stud well was removed.

In the process the original stud screw got pretty destroyed so ended up getting the Mann US thread polished brass stud wells and screws.

My "tool" consists of a plastic spindle nut, if that's what it's called, a washer, a socket wrench, and a bolt matching the metric thread of the original stud wells. The spindle nut was off the plumbing of a 20-25 year old sink in the house. Don't know how these stud wells ever would of come out of there without this "tool".

uc
uc

uc
uc

uc
uc

uc
uc

Back