11top

Cousin Eddie's cousin
Anybody else having the problem of logging in and the being logged out right away? It’s only happening on my office and home PCs (not iPhone or iPad), and it was suggested to me that it may be due to using Explorer as my browser. What’s funny is that it’s only been happening for the past few days, and I haven’t changed a thing at my home or office. I’ve rebooted both, and it hasn’t helped. :confused::(

It’s been like that for me for months. Boogie suggested clearing my cookies and that made it worse. Wish I had some advice.

Even Microsoft doesn't really want you using Explorer anymore. It's walking dead in terms of web technology. Try Edge, Firefox, or Chrome.

Anybody else having the problem of logging in and the being logged out right away? It’s only happening on my office and home PCs (not iPhone or iPad), and it was suggested to me that it may be due to using Explorer as my browser. What’s funny is that it’s only been happening for the past few days, and I haven’t changed a thing at my home or office. I’ve rebooted both, and it hasn’t helped. :confused::(

Exact same here! I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was starting to wonder if I had accidentally reset my cookie settings and so on, but was pretty sure I hadn't. I have to log back in for each new browsing session, and if I click the "stay logged in" check box, my browser won't let me sign in at all. I wonder if it has to do with that annoying cookies permission popup that we've been seeing lately?

I wonder if it has to do with that annoying cookies permission popup that we've been seeing lately?

I wondered the same. Hunter says nothing’s changed at their end, but I just started getting that “cookies” message, and I’ve not had this problem until the last few days, both at home and office.
So, my phone and IPad don’t use Explorer like my PCs? Sorry I’m so illiterate on this subject. I’ve been told to switch to Explorer for some time now, but old dog.....new tricks. Guess I’d better bite the bullet. :(

Started on my home PC yesterday. I use Firefox. I was getting logged out every couple of minutes. I checked the "Keep Me Logged In" box, and it was fine the rest of the day.

James is on the case!

For the record, for me it’s Firefox on a Mac.
Every now and then on the iPad, but MUCH more rarely.

I tweaked a couple of things. Let me know if you notice an improvement.

If possible, try to remember exactly what it was that you did when you were logged out. Did yo click the back button in the browser? Did you click the breadcrumbs > navigation at the top of the thread? Did you just refresh your browser? Any clues would help me pinpoint the issue. Thanks and sorry for the trouble

You guys making sure you're on the https address? I had that problem on Chrome if I used http, but Safari would resolve it automatically.

I don't do any fun browsing on IE; I only use it for work stuff.

You guys making sure you're on the https address? I had that problem on Chrome if I used http, but Safari would resolve it automatically.

I don't do any fun browsing on IE; I only use it for work stuff.

this is a good point. in theory, it should force https...but maybe that's not working perfectly at the moment

I’ve had this happen using safari on my iPhone and it usually happens if I refresh the browser or navigate to a new page.
I’ve even had it happen when trying to post a reply and I would have to log back in for the reply to post.

No issues today though

If possible, try to remember exactly what it was that you did when you were logged out. Did yo click the back button in the browser? Did you click the breadcrumbs > navigation at the top of the thread? Did you just refresh your browser? Any clues would help me pinpoint the issue. Thanks and sorry for the trouble

For me, it was this sequence:
- Read a new post
- Arrow up to the top of the page
- Click on "New Posts"
- turn away from PC to laptop, for 2 minutes, to respond to a work email
- Click on a thread to read.....logged out

This happened three times yesterday morning in a 10 minute time span. The last time I logged back in I checked the "Stay Logged In" box and had no more problems. Today, I made sure the box was checked and have had no issues. I am on the HTTP address, using Firefox. I have never had this happen on the iPad.

I stay logged in at work. My phone and samsung tablet won't let me log in.. that's all i have at home.. Now that sucks..

- Read a new post
- Click on "New Posts"

This happened three times yesterday morning in a 10 minute time span. The last time I logged back in I checked the "Stay Logged In" box and had no more problems. Today, I made sure the box was checked and have had no issues. I am on the HTTP address, using Firefox. I have never had this happen on the iPad.

thanks, this is all useful info

this is a good point. in theory, it should force https...but maybe that's not working perfectly at the moment

- Read a new post
- Click on "New Posts"

It appears to be browser specific and dependent upon how each handles security. Chrome seemed to go "This isn't secure, so we're stopping." Safari was more like "This isn't secure, so we're routing you to the secure address."

No idea what IE or Firefox did, but it's possible they were less security conscious or they did a behind the scenes re-route like Safari. If they've updated their security protocols, it could definitely change the user experience.

Well, I noticed a change already. So far, so good. I'll keep you posted if more issues come up.
Thanks for looking into this!

Back