Little Jam Session

mitchewr

Had a buddy over today to see the new Custom 24. He brought over the Gibby which he just put a babicz bridge on, frets filed and crowned and a new nut. After the meet and greet, lol, we jammed out to some backtracks. Here's a photo of the setup. It was a great day.

Very nice!

I have also seen that model Gibson before, but I forget the name.
It looks almost like a Santana.

Very nice!

I have also seen that model Gibson before, but I forget the name.
It looks almost like a Santana.

That's one of the newer Les Paul Doublecut's that they put out a few years ago. In the late/mid 90's they released DC's in a very limited number to Mars Music as exclusives. I had one in a similar green that I have my CU24 in. It had 498T/490R humbuckers in it that actually sounded really great. The neck was a bit flat though. I'm betting that Mitchew's CU24 felt a lot more comfortable then that LP.

main.jpg

That's one of the newer Les Paul Doublecut's that they put out a few years ago. In the late/mid 90's they released DC's in a very limited number to Mars Music as exclusives. I had one in a similar green that I have my CU24 in. It had 498T/490R humbuckers in it that actually sounded really great. The neck was a bit flat though. I'm betting that Mitchew's CU24 felt a lot more comfortable then that LP.

main.jpg

I have a friend that has a DC gibson and it is a VERY nice guitar. It's as nice to play as any of my PRS guitars and it sounds really good.

Looks like fun!

I wish PRS made a doublecut with a short scale and thicker body, similar to that LP. I picked up an old Epi LP DC with p90's a while back, a really nice guitar actually, not like the cheapo DC's they're making now. Love it, but would die for a PRS like it, with humbuckers...

Looks like fun!

I wish PRS made a doublecut with a short scale and thicker body, similar to that LP. I picked up an old Epi LP DC with p90's a while back, a really nice guitar actually, not like the cheapo DC's they're making now. Love it, but would die for a PRS like it, with humbuckers...

How about the DC22 or DC 245 or if you want 24 frets a Santana?

Back