Limited edition SE A50E Angelus. Flame maple red back and sides.

andyy23

HI. I have just purchased this Guitar here in the UK. It has flame red maple back and sides. Apparently this is a limited edition run of only 100 models.
Can anybody confirm or refute whether this is the case. Just seems unusual for a mid range guitar.
Thank you.

Does it look like this (mine, I purchased a few months ago)? https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/nag-new-angelus-day.50173/

I believe that in the U.S., these are only available from Guitar Center (along with turquoise, and grey-stained flamed maple options as well). Certainly don't seem to be limited in number here - just limited by where you can buy them.

Congrats on the purchase - these are lovely guitars!

Does it look like this (mine, I purchased a few months ago)? https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/nag-new-angelus-day.50173/

I believe that in the U.S., these are only available from Guitar Center (along with turquoise, and grey-stained flamed maple options as well). Certainly don't seem to be limited in number here - just limited by where you can buy them.

Congrats on the purchase - these are lovely guitars!
Hi there,
Yes. that is exactly the same model.
I thought the 'limited edition of 100' tag was a little suspicious.
I would have bought it anyway as it's a beautiful model and it was £200 (London UK) off the list price.
Still somewhat misleading though. I think i'll contact PRS customer service to clarify.
Thank you so much.

Faith Saturn hi gloss. Faith PJE Legacy
Neptune. PRS A50e Angelus. Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe in sunburst. Gibson ES335 in yellow flame Maple.

@andyy23, how do you like the guitar?
Hi, I haven't played played it much to be honest but it looks beautiful and the set up out of the box is very good although the 1st one I tried had some fret buzz at the 12th fret on the low E so worth checking thoroughly. It's quite a bright sounding guitar, a little too bright for me but a change to nanoweb elixir's seem to have have softened it somewhat. I am considering changing to electric strings as an experiment but It will need a re set first so I will keep you posted. All in all a well built pretty guitar that offers good value for money but I prefer to play my Faith Legacy Neptune most of the time but it also costs twice as much.

@andyy23 That's one sweet Angelus man! Couple of quick-takes from my part of the world. Odd stuff, humidity. My Angelus arrived out of the box with a little buzz around 12 E as well but after letting her sit and soak up some seaside humid (I live right on the shore) for about 48 hours it went away. Didn't touch a thing with setup. Kinda scary really to me so I literally went and got myself a decent humidifier and set it at about 55% and I get about 50% out of it in reality. No problems with buzz. I never thought to consider this stuff especially when I lived on a boat for 10 winters here.

The other thing you mention you really caught my attention: I want to hear how the electric strings go for you. I've thought of this as well. I really dig my flatwounds for example but they are more an archtop thing for me. I don't like coated strings either.

Thank you. Wife not impressed. Small house. 5 guitars, 3 amps and counting. not that bad!
Time to man up, and tell that woman that you fully understand your responsibilities as a man, and a husband. And as soon as you get enough guitars and amps to require more space, you'll look into a bigger home for them. I mean her. And them.

Time to man up, and tell that woman that you fully understand your responsibilities as a man, and a husband. And as soon as you get enough guitars and amps to require more space, you'll look into a bigger home for them. I mean her. And them.
I wanted to hang them all in the Kitchen diner but all I got was the death stare. Currently only one hanging.
Working on it. I'm in for the long haul!

P.S...Better looking than than old family pics that keep reminding me of my advancing years:eek:

Hi, I haven't played played it much to be honest but it looks beautiful and the set up out of the box is very good although the 1st one I tried had some fret buzz at the 12th fret on the low E so worth checking thoroughly. It's quite a bright sounding guitar, a little too bright for me but a change to nanoweb elixir's seem to have have softened it somewhat. I am considering changing to electric strings as an experiment but It will need a re set first so I will keep you posted. All in all a well built pretty guitar that offers good value for money but I prefer to play my Faith Legacy Neptune most of the time but it also costs twice as much.
Thanks for the review. If you decide to put electric-guitar strings on it, let us know how it sounds.

Back