Let's write some lyrics! (Experiment)

Tremontinator

Banned
I thought it might be fun to write some lyrics as a group

So, the way I write, I come up with a theme or general topical idea. Whatever you wanna call it.

In order so as everybody can relate their knowledge and life experiences, I'll just say let's all write a song about girls/romance/relationships/love/etc.

The next thing I do, is come up with a title. Because I like songs that use the title in the lyrics. Preferably in the chorus as the repeated line or hook.

So, let's do this with the minimum amount of rules/criteria:

Whatever you can come up with, add it.
Anybody can add anything, provided that it actually goes with the song in progress.
Try to add at least one line

Form is open
-Intro
-Verses
-Pre-chorus
-Chorus
-Bridge
-Coda
--Whatever works.

If you can't think of anything, at least offer up as many rhymes as you can, and the next person can choose which, if any, to use.

For ease of reading, let's try to keep the sidebar chats to a minimum. Yeah, I know, I'm probably the worst offender of them all in that regard.

I've started with the general topic. I will leave it to the next person to come up with a working title and as many lyrics as they want.

Personally, I always end up with a title that basically tells you what the lyrics are gonna be all about. Hence the reason I'm leaving the title open for others who might be better at that type of thing.

Also, can we keep it somewhat serious? In terms of coming up with actual lyrics? Make an actual effort?

My baby she said
Da Dana da da
It's her or this guitar
Da Dana da da
I tell you people,
Da Dana da da
I'mma miss that woman o mine

Derry air from the derriere........that's what happens when you date a Guinness drinking irish girl ;)

Back