Bad Lyrics

Tucson Thump

Mint Heavy Relic
I came across the Gene Autry movie "Sioux City Sue" yesterday as he was singing the title song.

Sioux City Sue Sioux City Sue
Your hair is red, your eyes are blue.
I'd swap my horse and dog for you.

I'm admitting Iowa, I owe a lot to you
'Cause I come from Nebraska to find Sioux City Sue
I'm gonna rope and tie her up, I'll use my old lasso
I'm gonna put my brand on my sweet Sioux City Sue

Feel free to jump in with your favorite groaners ......

"David Bowie" by Phish (that sounds weird) nails it with this compelling lyric sheet:

David Bowie, David Bowie
David Bowie, David Bowie
David Bowie, David Bowie
David Bowie, David Bowie
UB40, UB40
UB40, UB40
UB40, UB40
UB40, UB40

That said, I do enjoy the song, and I initially chuckle whenever I hear it before getting lost in it's musical journey!

I probably have several hundred that I have written (or maybe all) where naysayers would call them bad lyrics, but IDGAF ;~))

There are dozens from the Bubble Gum Rock era in the 60s. Anything by 1910 Fruit Gum Company. But there were so many. How about this?:

When I first got into the ad scoring biz (1991) I was told by a friend that the owner of one of the big jingle companies in NYC was the source of those songs. Sure sounds like the commercials of that era, doesn't it?

When I first got into the ad scoring biz (1991) I was told by a friend that the owner of one of the big jingle companies in NYC was the source of those songs. Sure sounds like the commercials of that era, doesn't it?
Really eh? I know that two guys called Kasenetz and Katz (can't remember their first names) were responsible for dozens of the "hits" with several bands. Maybe the Ad Exec. was one of those guys or sourced those guys.

They do sound like jingles for sure, but it was a popular. Maybe Kasenetz-Katz wrote jingles as well, that would make a lot of sense.

Back