Let's see your cabs

e63ba4729fdab8fb75893ffadf93f4bd.jpg

Saxon 2x12 with eminence Texas heat and swamp thang speakers. Custom made cabinet from a one man operation. Solid wood and all done by hand. Cost me a lot less then a marshall 2x12 by far .

Nice rig, Sekunda! I'm sure it sounds as good as it looks.

I'm down to a few different 1x12 or 1x15 combos or heads/cabs for the same reason you got rid of your 4x12 rigs. I'm getting too old to carry that much and am tired of being told to turn down.

I hear ya… getting older sux. I need a roadie to carry my work laptop :laugh:

And… thank you sir!

Figured I add a pic of my rig to this thread :). PRS Original Sewell head and Port City Amplification 2x12 OS Vertical Cab. I searched and searched and located a suitable paisley fabric to have the cab covered in, it was custom ordered but it was totally worth it to me.

rig31414_zps6c6fd85b.jpg

To be honest, I'm not completely sure. I ordered it form three different fabric distributors all of whom took the order, but eventually all told me the pattern was discontinued. About a month after I had given up hope of finding the fabric a roll of 8 yards appeared on my door step shipped direct from the Manufacturer. The package was not marked with which distributor placed the order. I recall looking back on my charge card statements but I had so much going on at that time that I do not remember the results.

We'll thanks anyway if you come across please post there's a lot of us looking for the fabric.thanks again.

I only have one cab I think its an Avitar if I remember right but it has no name on it loaded with a Celestion 12"- 25w Green back sounds great with the Egnater I may try it hooked to the Boogie someday see what happens

always gotta post the old Boogie or it gets lonely :)

This is the first (and only) time I've not been in total agreement with one of Les' comments...but I am a BIG fan of Avatar cabs. The ability to get whatever custom speaker(s)/cab type/configuration/cosmetics you want, great quality (in my opinion), very reasonable pricing and excellent service. More than a few making up the foundation of my "amp forts".

Fort of the year dude!

And that Anderson smokes.

Some serious forts, here!!

Because I do a lot of recording, I've found that for acoustic reasons (half and quarter space bass reinforcement causes problems), I generally work with the cabs further out into the room and away from corners. And then I stick them on isoacoustic risers so they're up off the floor and angled up as well.

So a fort is impractical for me. But I sure dig seeing the pics! ;)

Figured I add a pic of my rig to this thread :). PRS Original Sewell head and Port City Amplification 2x12 OS Vertical Cab. I searched and searched and located a suitable paisley fabric to have the cab covered in, it was custom ordered but it was totally worth it to me.

rig31414_zps6c6fd85b.jpg

That cab is awesome. What speakers are loaded in it? How does the PC compare to other cabs?

The only PRS cab I have is a 2x12 of V30's that came with the CAD package with my MDT. The cab goes "well" with everything, but the amp it goes best with is the Archon. My problem with it is that it's so pretty I hate to trash it with gigging.

Archon5_zpsb2db7290.jpg

MDT-HXDA_zps6720745f.jpg

I have to admit though that I have a "thing" for Alnico Blues / Celestion T652's. I have a Vox 2x12 cab with Blues and several Marshall 4x12's that pair very nicely with PRS amps with a Marshall voicing (HX/DA and MDT)

mdt-hxdar8-3_zpsf788fdec.jpg

From a practical perspective, for gigging, I usually go with a Two-Rock 2x12 that works well vertical (doesn't take up too much floor space) and it works well with most PRS amps....

2chdgt_zps87889563.jpg

I'd live a long happy life though if I had just my blue-crab PRS 2x12 and MDT head. Very little that you can't get with that rig.

Have you heard the one about the angel who walks into God's office and says, "Dude, a guy named Aristotle has more amps than you..."

The only PRS cab I have is a 2x12 of V30's that came with the CAD package with my MDT. The cab goes "well" with everything, but the amp it goes best with is the Archon. My problem with it is that it's so pretty I hate to trash it with gigging.

Archon5_zpsb2db7290.jpg

MDT-HXDA_zps6720745f.jpg

I have to admit though that I have a "thing" for Alnico Blues / Celestion T652's. I have a Vox 2x12 cab with Blues and several Marshall 4x12's that pair very nicely with PRS amps with a Marshall voicing (HX/DA and MDT)

Aww man, now I want that PRS head and cab !

That cab is awesome. What speakers are loaded in it? How does the PC compare to other cabs?

I chose to have it loaded with Eminence C-Rex speakers. I was waffling between the C-Rex and the WGS ET-65. I hadn't tried a Hemp cone before so the C-Rex won out.

How does the it compare to other cabs? Well, I don't know that I can really answer authoritatively on that. I used to run rack mounted gear (all sold about 10 years ago) through some 2x10 bass cabs, one was Fender and one Mesa, I really liked the low end thump and the 10" speakers also had clarity. I had a 4x12 Mesa Rectifier Slant Cab paired with a Duel Rec. head before as well... But I have not tried the Sewell on other branded Cabs so I cannot compare apples to apples.

I feel like this 2x12 cab is as loud as the 4x12 Mesa was, but I cannot answer quantitatively. I feel it is as punchy as the 2x10 bass cabs were as it has plenty of low end thump and there is also clarity. Its got the nice metal recessed grab handles on each side so carrying is relatively easy. The size is good an has enough surface up top for the Sewell to set comfortably and securely plus the height puts the controls of the amp at a good accessible level. All in all I'm very happy. Hope that answers the question.

Back