Late to the party..... But finally had my 594 NGD!

SuperFly53

BacardiMcCarty
It has been a while since I have been here, or any other forum for that matter, but I thought I would post an NGD since I lurked here for a quite a while gathering up some info on the 594.

As soon at it was released as the GOM, I thought it would be a great guitar for me, and my prayers were answered when it was released as a core model.

I have been a PRS guy for a very long time. pretty much exclusively since 97 or so. I have gone through more than I can count, sometimes fueled my necessity, and sometimes just plain ol' GAS.

I did get into a LP groove over the last couple of years, and really fell in love with the sound and feel, but never really fell in love with the cost and overall build quality. When the 594 came out I knew it would be the perfect combination of "that sound" with PRS playability and build quality.

I have been looking for a while, waiting for a nice subdued color scheme, or preferably a black or white one.

I finally found one that I liked, and it just happens to be the same color as my very first PRS, black sunburst.

So far, so great!! the LT pups are nice, and I think I am almost there monkeying with the heights, I think that the fact both pickups are the same power makes it a little tougher to get them balanced, but I think I am close, with the neck pup having to be a bit lower than you might expect on a traditional PRS. I am also used to playing with very hot PAF pups in my current pair of McCarty standards, so it is taking a while for my ear to adjust. I am not immediately pulling the stock pups out, and that says something for the new 58/15s being pretty good!!

Thanks for the read!

Norm

This neck seems much wider near the body than the wide fat. Not very sensitive to neck size usually, but surprised me that it is noticeably bigger.

It has been a while since I have been here, or any other forum for that matter, but I thought I would post an NGD since I lurked here for a quite a while gathering up some info on the 594.

As soon at it was released as the GOM, I thought it would be a great guitar for me, and my prayers were answered when it was released as a core model.

I have been a PRS guy for a very long time. pretty much exclusively since 97 or so. I have gone through more than I can count, sometimes fueled my necessity, and sometimes just plain ol' GAS.

I did get into a LP groove over the last couple of years, and really fell in love with the sound and feel, but never really fell in love with the cost and overall build quality. When the 594 came out I knew it would be the perfect combination of "that sound" with PRS playability and build quality.

I have been looking for a while, waiting for a nice subdued color scheme, or preferably a black or white one.

I finally found one that I liked, and it just happens to be the same color as my very first PRS, black sunburst.

So far, so great!! the LT pups are nice, and I think I am almost there monkeying with the heights, I think that the fact both pickups are the same power makes it a little tougher to get them balanced, but I think I am close, with the neck pup having to be a bit lower than you might expect on a traditional PRS. I am also used to playing with very hot PAF pups in my current pair of McCarty standards, so it is taking a while for my ear to adjust. I am not immediately pulling the stock pups out, and that says something for the new 58/15s being pretty good!!

Thanks for the read!

Norm
I'm in the market for either this or a DGT...and the one you got would be the exact one I would get...subdued color scheme. Congrats - great looking guitar!

Awesome guitar! Don't swap the pick ups! I've had mine for about 9 months. Can't say enough good things about it!
Enjoy

Very classy! Very tastefully finished axe! Congratulations!

Back