Korina McCarty to replace a Gibson R0 Les Paul...

Nice one and congratulations! I have one from 2008, one piece body (most were 2 or 3 pieces), but IRW board with hollow birds, 7 lbs even. It came with McCarty pickups which sounded excellent, but it also came with a free trip to the PTC for a pickup swap and I got 5708s which are still in the guitar.

I had another, P90s, darkburst finish with an IRW board with dots.

They didn’t all have the BRW board!

Well, she got here yesterday!, sorry for the late post, but since I work as a Professional Photographer I wasn't just gonna snap this one with the phone, she deserved better!, anyway, the guitar sounds amazing and surprisingly it is exactly what I wanted tone wise, she's gorgeous too!, here she is:

UHyJiEY.jpg

zP7Pqck.jpg

g7lBBGe.jpg

L8e9apo.jpg
Wow! Love it!
Congrats on a great trade!

OK, so now I'm really curious here--I see a fair amount of '07 all-korina McCarty's, almost all of which are labelled as "Brazilian rosewood fretboard." Well, my all-korina McCarty with an '07 date on the headstock was never indicated as such when I bought it--I didn't care, necessarily--nor does a MODCAT lookup identify it as Brazilian RW, nor is there "for USA only" written on the back of the headstock (which I think didn't start happening 'til after '07 anyway).

So my question is this--is the Brazilian RW on the 2007 all-korina McCarty's just a given/assumption (was automatically on all of them) or would there be something specifically indicating it?

Well in my case, this a '08 one, I E-Mail'd PRS's Costumer Center with the MODCAT info on the guitar and they confirmed that it is a a BRW with Birds and a Gold HW package Korina McCarty, and that they were about 70 guitars made with this exact specs. Thats just so nice...

Back