Just watched Prince on Jimmy Fallon

I was talking to a co-worker and he's playing at Marquee Theater which is where the mid-sized bands play when they come through our area, around 1000 max capacity. I was surprised he would play such a relatively small venue. Then I found out tickets are $277 each. For. One. Ticket.

At least it was just the wing of the headstock and is repairable. I would've gone Charlie Murphy on his ass.

So if I did this to your guitar, you would be OK with it because it's repairable?

Prince%20broken%20guitar-400-85.jpg

I would not have been happy at all...but I know either Prince or NBC would pay to have it fixed and I would, as a famous person like Kirk, have an even more valuable guitar with a cool back story.

So if I did this to your guitar, you would be OK with it because it's repairable?

Absolutely not. Just being optimistic. Better than the headstock snapping off. I guess you are not familiar with Charlie Murphy's treatment of Rick James?

Last edited by a moderator:
So Prince may be a turd, but he is a great guitar player. There are a lot of those guys out there that are great musicians, but aren't the friendliest folks.

However, back to Donna...she is very nice and very cool and plays a mean guitar!

Fallon had Jeff Bridges on and told him the story. Bridges looked horrified. Fallon did say that Prince paid for the guitar to be repaired. Kirk still didn't look overly amused by the experience.

I loved Prince, so much of my youth was spent making out to his music, he's an amazing musician.... but you know what totally sucks about him? Try and youtube some The Time songs and then get back at me.

Back