John Mayer SE

We know Mayer says no bursts with his name associated with it. Such a shame. Love me a nice 2 tone or 3 tone burst, especially if the wood has a nice grain to it

Isn't the Fiore a HSS?

Your SS is not staying in tune?

Yes, but the SS came out before and at that time some where wondering if there'd ever be an HSS model. Mayer has the Super Eagle with H-NF-H. When the first SS came out, people were wishing for an SE model and I thought that might open the door for HSS... but he doesn't seem to like or use HSS strats.

Yes, my SS won't stay in tune but so far every issue has been caused by the previous owners attempts to do his own "setup" on the guitar, and as of now all are fixed except this one.

bolt on neck vs set neck alone should lower the cost.

Never really understood why a squirt of glue was more expensive than four screws and a metal plate.

But then again… it’s cheaper to raise a chicken from a chick, de-feather and clean it, season it, spit roast it, and put it in a plastic container, than my tofu nuggets are.

Yes, but the SS came out before and at that time some where wondering if there'd ever be an HSS model. Mayer has the Super Eagle with H-NF-H. When the first SS came out, people were wishing for an SE model and I thought that might open the door for HSS... but he doesn't seem to like or use HSS strats.

Yes, my SS won't stay in tune but so far every issue has been caused by the previous owners attempts to do his own "setup" on the guitar, and as of now all are fixed except this one.
He does have that hot pink HSS Jackson…

Don't you love how Fender changes the name every couple of years to make you think you have to have a new guitar yet they can't even come up with something original to name it? At some point it will be the Fender Professional Player Special Series X or something. ;)

Don't you love how Fender changes the name every couple of years to make you think you have to have a new guitar yet they can't even come up with something original to name it? At some point it will be the Fender Professional Player Special Series X or something. ;)

In Fender defense I believe the "core" guitars they do right now are best they ever did. I had AmPro Strat and Brewster signature and I couldn't say a bad thing about neither of those wonderful guitars

I got say that I've never been so excited about a guitar release for a long time.

Always wanted a Strat but all the different models I've gone thru (and they were a lot believe me!) never had the PRS playability and out of the box experience I like.

Best of both worlds in an affordable package? I just hope they don't compromise much on the pickups... oh and birds! Man it better have birds :D

And, maybe it will open the door for things like, oh maybe an HSS model.

One day I'll carve-up an SS (SE or otherwise) to make a Super Sky.

i-wJKS9Dr-X3.jpg

One day I'll carve-up an SS (SE or otherwise) to make a Super Sky.

i-wJKS9Dr-X3.jpg

So far I'm digging the vintage vibe of the vibrato, so I think I'd be OK with it stock, especially since it's decked. The idea of a 57/08 in the bridge makes me drool though...

Not that I have anything against Floyds though, as you know. ;)

Fenders ultra line is on par with prs core quality.

the player plus series from Mexico feels as good as the ultra line.

I’ve had a silver sky and a I have a custom shop strat. The SS was as good as the CS , but I kept the CS and sold the ss.

mod the se ss is good, I might grab it

Fenders ultra line is on par with prs core quality.

the player plus series from Mexico feels as good as the ultra line.

I’ve had a silver sky and a I have a custom shop strat. The SS was as good as the CS , but I kept the CS and sold the ss.

mod the se ss is good, I might grab it

Ultra, AmPro, Original series. Great guitars with best fit/finish on American Fenders ever.

Back