I've been busy

slowro

Got busy last night but before the pics I will explain what's going on. I haven't even finished it yet but it's 100% mojo

I bought this as a project to save up and send to PTC. I wasn't fond of the colour and it had been on tour so wasn't pristine.

The idea was simple enough, bananna yellow Refin including the neck, new fretboard with birds, dgt frets, all black hardware, volume, killswitch with the tone pot smoothed and one pickup! Pure rawk!
BUT
The more I played it the more it grew on me. I have always dreamed of a vintage sunburst strat with maple board but I don't really get on with strats. This was started me thinking, why not make an angry wolf in sheeps clothing instead. Bit of haggling here and there and it's moving on some more.
I am debating wether to put some \m/ pickups in it or stick with Tremonti bridge and VB combo.

Anyway.....

Hmmm

Oh my!

Nearly done,

Oh and that neck hadn't been on a guitar for years and it has been KILLER. Not bad for a 15 year old neck from an abandoned project

Looking good, Rory! It's nice to see that trem in a guitar after all these years.

Looking good, Rory! It's nice to see that trem in a guitar after all these years.

Thanks Alastair.
It sounds great, really responsive. Really nervous fitting it, checked it over and over before stringing up.

Thanks guys
I'm finding it hard to put down. Now I have a spare neck that needs a body, maybe I should make an explorer or flying vee body for it .......,

Back