I'm The World's Laziest Guitar Player

The World's Laziest Guitar Player has left the building! Today I did some string swappin' and some tube swappin' on the DG30.

It was a good day, if you're into that sort of thing.

You are not going to believe this, but yesterday, when I went to turn on my tube amp, i heard a loud gurgling sound and a few of the tubes in the back of the amp were glowing a bright white. I quickly turned the amp off. Any of you know a good place to order tubes?

I know a guy who rubs WD40 on his strings. If you did that, you'd never have to change your strings.

Maybe not, but I'd have to change my guitar, that stuff reeks.

You are not going to believe this, but yesterday, when I went to turn on my tube amp, i heard a loud gurgling sound and a few of the tubes in the back of the amp were glowing a bright white. I quickly turned the amp off. Any of you know a good place to order tubes?

There's also The Tube Store, KCA NOS Tubes, Tube Depot, and many others. Because I prefer NOS tubes, some hunting is often necessary as the various tube shops' stock in NOS will vary.

In your situation, I'd want to know why suddenly more than one tube went bad.

Last edited:
I have decided to take the amp in and have it looked at. I am concerned that the problem may be more than just bad tubes.

Bring your guitar over. I'll change the strings on your guitar and I have loaner McCartys you can play while you are waiting for the work to be completed. ;)

Or less famously known as Gilligan if you were a Dobie Gillis fan but not a fan of Gilligan's Island.
Dobie Gillis was my fav show...in 1966...when I was 2...so my mother tells me. I was pottie trained while watching Batman (first run, not re-runs), too, so let's not peer into the psycho-casm of the influence of TV on early childhood behavior. It could get embarrassing around here.

Funny, every time I hear the old Batman theme, I have to run to the bathroom.

What were here we talking about? :dontknow:

I was pottie trained while watching Batman (first run, not re-runs), too, so let's not peer into the psycho-casm of the influence of TV on early childhood behavior. It could get embarrassing around here.

Funny, every time I hear the old Batman theme, I have to run to the bathroom.

I was potty trained in a pre-television world.

An interesting bit of trivia, Maynard was played by Bob Denver, more famously known as "Gilligan".

More trivia:

The young man girl in the show, grew up to be a CA state Senator and I used to get her as a customer at the Airport 13 years ago. She's also gay.

Fixed it for ya. :biggrin:

:vroam:

There's a man in the funny papers we all know
he lived way back a long time ago
He don't eat nothin' but uh bearcat stew
Well this cat's name is Alley Oop
He got a chauffeur that's a genuine dinosaur
And he can knuckle your head before you count to four
He got a big ugly club and a head full of hair-uh
Like great big lions and grizzly bears...
---The Hollywood Argyles (1960)

Yesterday afternoon I was working on an ad project in my studio, and it came time to re-do one of the scratch guitar parts I'd simply laid down in a hurry the week before. So I got out the guitar I used for the scratch track, and found that in the interim the strings had become pretty dead.

I'd have pressed on regardless, but the strings were so dead I couldn't bring myself to record with it.

So did I change the strings like a normal session player would in order to use the same guitar for the session?

Uh...well...no.

I went to the guitar room and got my other guitar instead -- a completely different type of guitar! Because I'm the Laziest Guitar Player In The World!! ;)

Django Reinhardt played many shows with the best jazz musicians in Europe with only 2-3 strings on his guitar. He said it did not matter, he could play just as well with 2-3 strings as he could with 6, and Stephane Grappelli said it was true. He sounded just as good, and no one else even knew. :eek: Not sure if that is being REALLY lazy, or just being THAT good. :iamconfused:

Back