If You Have Ghost...

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
On Good Friday, I finally got to one of my most-anticipated shows of the year - Ghost. This time as a headliner. I saw them open for Opeth and Mastodon a couple years ago - I'd heard the name, heard they were good, had never heard a note or seen a picture. I was blown away when they came on stage. I immediately started looking up info, and Wikipedia said they were a Satanic band from Sweden. I looked up at the stage and said - out loud - "Seriously? People believe this is for real?"

Missed their headlining tour last year, but not this time around, and I can tell you - it is well worth seeing. At times, I think they're misclassified as metal, but they deliver the goods in concert. The band is much more animated than the last time I saw them. They hit all the high points - including a much-hoped-for cover song that I really didn't expect to hear. "Ritual" was second or third in the set, and it smoked the place. "Year Zero" was much later, but did the same. Heavy grooves, heavy playing, great show. Very much recommended.

Possible highlight of the night was seeing a guy in the crowd dressed as Papa.

I can't wait to do it again.

Back