If You Had To Make Do...

You've described exactly how I hear modelers.

But for some players, they're a good solution.
You Should Revisit. I Think You Would Be Surprised And No I Am Not Saying Get Rid Of Your Tube Amps. :)

The amps I have liked and still like are all single channel. Zero percent interest got me a Dumble clone, and I think it just may be too complicated for me.

To the original question, I see myself on a deserted island with a small combo with reverb, a cord and a guitar whose identity changes daily.
You Paint A Beautiful Portrait.

:)

As much as I would want it to be my beloved MT15, it would have to be my Peavey 6505+112 (converted from a combo to a standalone head). It has three channels as the MT15 only has two and I got to have that crunch channel and putting a Boss Distortion in the front of the clean on the MT is ok but it's not the same feeling. Hopefully the MT100 will be my go-to amp for this simple need if it ever gets released.
2015-12-19%2022.47.06_zpsgugji0lk.jpg
The MK15 , well It wasn’t my cup “O” Tea. Now the Supro Delta King 12……I just find really nice and easy to get a great tone without being too loud for the house. ….just to the edge of breakup!

My '67 Deluxe Reverb is what's going with me on Saturday.

Going to play some blues in Crawford, Colorado.

I installed a Made In the UK Celestion Heritage G12H30 in it and of all the speakers I've had in it, I'm convinced that' s the best speaker for that amp.

This Deluxe Reverb sounds great and it's a lighter move than my HDRX 20 and Matchless cab..

Plus it has great spring reverb so i can leave my pedalboard at home and make do with just a tuner and a Klon.

I'll bring one of my Bernie Marsdens for the gig. Not a Tele.

My '67 Deluxe Reverb is what's going with me on Saturday.

Going to play some blues in Crawford, Colorado.

I installed a Made In the UK Celestion Heritage G12H30 in it and of all the speakers I've had in it, I'm convinced that' s the best speaker for that amp.

This Deluxe Reverb sounds great and it's a lighter move than my HDRX 20 and Matchless cab..

Plus it has great spring reverb so i can leave my pedalboard at home and make do with just a tuner and a Klon.

I'll bring one of my Bernie Marsdens for the gig. Not a Tele.

A Bernie with that Deluxe? Great combination, if you ask me.

Y'all are going to laugh at me but if I can only have one amp on a desert island it would probably be my Blackstar HT5 mini stack (pictured in my Pointy Guitars post). My favorite amp sounds are the hot-rodded Marshall tones of the 80s and the HT5 does those so damn well at household volume. It's got a great reverb and looks super cool (which is important on a desert island!). The OP didn't state whether or not I had neighbors. I suppose if not I'd have to grab my purple Archon 50 or my purple Top Hat Emplexador. Both of them are pretty bad azz too. But the truth is I play through the Blackstar a lot more often.

Last edited:
Y'all are going to laugh at me but if I can only have one amp on a desert island it would probably be my Blackstar HT5 mini stack (pictured in my Pointy Guitars post). My favorite amp sounds are the hot-rodded Marshall tones of the 80s and the HT5 does those so damn well at household volume. It's got a great reverb and looks super cool (which is important on a desert island!). The OP didn't state whether or not I had neighbors. I suppose if not I'd have to grab my purple Archon 50 or my purple Top Hat Emplexador. Both of them are pretty bad azz too. But the truth is I play through the Blackstar a lot more often.
I figure if I'm on a desert island, I'm outdoors so volume isn't much of an issue; I can play loud. I want the big iron.

So my two questions are, "Where do I plug in this fershluggineh amp, and how did it get on this island, and are there any women around?"

"That's three questions."

"I counted the first two as one, and the important question as the second of two."

"You really need to learn to count."

"I was a deprived child. They hadn't invented Sesame Street yet."

"That's your excuse?"

"Yup. And I'm sticking with it."

Last edited:
I figure if I'm on a desert island, I'm outdoors so volume isn't much of an issue; I can play loud. I want the big iron.

So my two questions are, "Where do I plug in this fershluggineh amp, and how did it get on this island, and are there any women around?"

"That's three questions."

"I counted the first two as one, and the important question as the second of two."

"You really need to learn to count."

"I was a deprived child. They hadn't invented Sesame Street yet."

"That's your excuse?"

"Yup. And I'm sticking with it."
Well obviously, aliens installed power outlets when they made the island. And took all the woman because they were confusing and needed more studying to understand.

Back