I want my Vela!

Clashcityrocker

Curve Denier
I'm looking for a Vela soon. Tell me why you love yours. Pics please.

iwantmymtv.jpg

I struggle to post pics here, you can see my 2017 Satin Vela in my profile... A must have guitar, as Boogie states (#grrhehasareclaimedIwantone) they are perfect all rounders...the guitar is so well balanced, either sitting or standing..and the bridge provides a stable, resonant platform for great sustain...

I think it should be obvious why I love mine:

Great guitar.
Did you use the neck pickup in all 3 positions or did you have a rewind for the bridge position or middle RWRP? Is the pick guard exactly the shape (outline) of the S2 Studio or did you have to make changes? I am planning to make a similar version of a Nashville Vela but with a humbucker in the bridge position.

Great guitar.
Did you use the neck pickup in all 3 positions or did you have a rewind for the bridge position or middle RWRP? Is the pick guard exactly the shape (outline) of the S2 Studio or did you have to make changes? I am planning to make a similar version of a Nashville Vela but with a humbucker in the bridge position.

As far as I know there's only one D-Type pickup available and that's what these are. The mods were done by PTC by the previous owner and the setup is basic 'Strat' with a 5-way. My understanding was the guitar was ordered and immediately modded before the owner took delivery, so sort of a "poor man's 'private stock'" lol. The paperwork from PTC calls it a "prototype", but I don't think there was ever any intention for this to be an actual model, although it certainly could be.

It might be cool down the road to rewire it to be able to get the "neck/bridge" and "all three" combos, but for now I'm quite happy with it the way it is.

Back