I Made it A Whole Year

The yellow 10-top "custom" all the way!!!
Yup:):):)…. And congrats for going a whole year… I purchased a Wood Library, Braz. Board 10 top DGT about 4 months ago and I justified the price by promising myself I would sell around $5K worth of my electrics and acoustics to neutralize the price.. I’ve done well through Reverb and The Gear Page. Almost there. I really don’t miss them. The DGT just does so many tones so well and the single coil tones are as amazing as the humbuckers are full on.. sometimes, Less is More:). The most I’ve ever spent on 1 guitar, and well worth it after being a professional for 50 years…
Now go grab that yellow 10 top Custom!

Last edited:
Uh, I can just imagine how that phone call could go.

" Hi, your husband gave me your phone number ...."

"I'm a middle of the road level enabler from the PRS forum. Not really one of the elite ones, but you don't want Sergio or Bodia to call you. Trust me. So about this guitar. Just wanted to let you know that I weighed the pros and the other pros. I've run this by a number of other guys in the forum as well. Just wanted to congratulate you on the new guitar your husband is getting.

Also, he will be in an extremely good mood tonight, so you're going to want to take advantage of that. Put on something sexy, turn on side 1 of 2112 and turn the lights down low. If there are any lulls in the action, start humming Xanadu.

Congrats to you both from the PRS Forum!"

"I'm a middle of the road level enabler from the PRS forum. Not really one of the elite ones, but you don't want Sergio or Bodia to call you. Trust me. So about this guitar. Just wanted to let you know that I weighed the pros and the other pros. I've run this by a number of other guys in the forum as well. Just wanted to congratulate you on the new guitar your husband is getting.

Also, he will be in an extremely good mood tonight, so you're going to want to take advantage of that. Put on something sexy, turn on side 1 of 2112 and turn the lights down low. If there are any lulls in the action, start humming Xanadu.

Not even a mention of a con, spoken like a seasoned enabler! As much as I love 2112, put on Big Money and the opening synth and drums gets me every time.

I did spend some time with the 594 tonight, which we all know is a mistake. It sounds and looks killer but there’s something about that neck that my hand just doesn’t like.
oO9I9px_d.webp

Not sure what the neck profile is on either of them, waiting to hear back from the sellers. I’m actually hoping they are both W/T as pattern thin is my favorite current neck profile.

You’ll get old and appreciate a Regular/Standard neck profile. It’s like reading glasses, all of the sudden one day you can’t live without them.

Not even a mention of a con, spoken like a seasoned enabler!

While not nearly as polished, I've watched Sergio and Bodia do it for years. My style might be a blend of "Sergio Brash" and "Bodia Smooth."

As much as I love 2112, put on Big Money and the opening synth and drums gets me every time.

I find "Different Strings" makes for a nice romantic intro to "Natural Science" for the finale'

..........I grew up playing mostly Les Paul’s so I thought I’d love the 594 but for some reason I just can’t bond with it. It sounds absolutely amazing but I think I’m getting hung up on the big neck and frets. So that leads me to a possible 2022 purchase.

I hear you on that. I also grew up on playing LPs. I loved my 594 and I did bond with it....in the end I sold it along with a few others and ended up with 3 Gibby LPs and a SC250 all guitars I absolutely love even more!

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do I guess. I miss looking at my 594 as it was my favorite looking guitar I've ever had....but alas looks only get you so far.

Is this delivered in your "Barry White" voice?

Not even a mention of a con, spoken like a seasoned enabler! As much as I love 2112, put on Big Money and the opening synth and drums gets me every time.

Cons? What are these "cons" you speak of? Must be for other brand guitars.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did spend some time with the 594 tonight, which we all know is a mistake. It sounds and looks killer but there’s something about that neck that my hand just doesn’t like.
oO9I9px_d.webp

I think it is my duty to tell you that I felt the same way about my early 2017 SC594s neck for about 3 years . And now I love it. I was a Les Paul guy as well as my moniker would indicate.

Yours looks like a really good example. Don't let go of it unless you really need the cash to swing the birth year guitar purchase...you might regret it one day and it will be impossible to replace

Back