I keep buying and returning guitars that arent PRS!!

Russ73

So I have 7 PRS guitars since 2014 6 of them USA 1 SE and I keep looking at other guitars to round out my collection and they seem to go as fast as they arrive...im so used to the ergonomics and scale im like institutionalized now into PRS!!

I would love a hollowbody but I've owned LPs and teles they sat til they moved...im 49 and been playing 35 years and the shorter scale than a typical fender is better for me...lps are cool but ergonomically the PRS take the cake for a 2hb glued neck guitar IMO

I stopped even checking out other brands back in 2007.

Oh sure, maybe someone, somewhere, makes a guitar that's as nice. Great for them! But I'm happy with PRS and don't feel the need to look elsewhere.

The idea of 'rounding out the collection', is just a pipe dream, anyway. Since when is a collection ever in its final state until the death of the owner? Collectors gonna collect. Nature of the beast.

I have a mercifully small group of guitars I play and like, and they're all top notch in my book, but I've never tried to build a collection. Nothing wrong with it, just not my thing.

Last edited:
The only other brand that I have been able to hang onto are EBMM. I have two. Everything else is PRS. I can't seem to keep other brands either.

While PRS is the only brand I have, I like what EBMM does and, of the ones I have tried, seemed to be great guitars.

When I have money to spend on a guitar, I just go with PRS because they've always been what helps me create the music that inspires me.

Gotta go with what works for you and there is nothing wrong with being loaded up on only one brand. Admittedly PRS is home for me but I have a few other brands that I can work with and love as well and they are also great. I do have more PRS guitars than any other brand. I may have more PRS than all other brands I have combined. I will have to look into that out of curiosity. I Love PRS!

Just don't buy guitars from other brands. ;)
I bought a nice ES335 a couple of months before
but now I am looking for a McCarty Hollowbody.
For me it is not about scale length or ergonomics.
It's just the incredible playability of my PRS instruments
which makes them just a joy to play.

.im so used to the ergonomics and scale im like institutionalized now into PRS!!
That is also what I love about these guitars - playing standing they seem to cuddle up nicely such as to say "I am here and I am not going anywhere because I like it that much here". Never had that feeling with a strat - they seem to bounce fore and back. Some guitars with bindings are simply edgy and uncomfortable to rest my right arm on.

Back