I Heart My Single Channel PRS Amps

Huh? Wha'd you say?
Sorry, man. I can't imagine I did anymore damage than was already there. Between the fantastic Scotch, guitars and amps, it was tough to keep things in check. :rock:

It may sound contrived, but as good as the Matchless sounded, I can get similar - if not better - tone out of the Super Dallas. The HXDA is a totally different animal and if I could send in my Super D to get CAD to give me a switchable HXDA mode, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've concluded that I need both amps and would love to have them in the same chassis.

Sorry, man. I can't imagine I did anymore damage than was already there. Between the fantastic Scotch, guitars and amps, it was tough to keep things in check. :rock:

It may sound contrived, but as good as the Matchless sounded, I can get similar - if not better - tone out of the Super Dallas. The HXDA is a totally different animal and if I could send in my Super D to get CAD to give me a switchable HXDA mode, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've concluded that I need both amps and would love to have them in the same chassis.

Just bolt a couple of heads together and you're there! ;)

I

Truth be told, I don't think you were any louder than my Zep "what is and what should never be" take. However, Jizzy was controlling the volume knob, so I plead "innocent."

And I agree that the HXDA was the winner of these two fine beasts.

Finally, you are quite right; in spite of my high tech hearing plugs (see avatar), my hearing is toast.

Last edited:
And I agree that the HXDA was the winner of these two fine beasts.

My choice would be the HXDA, too, hands down, but it's also the case that the 30/15 doesn't have the EF86 preamp section that the DC30 has, and that's what gives the DC30 a lot of its magic. Of course, it also makes it a different kind of amp than the HXDA.

Back