I got a new phone...

nice tone. we need more people posting some playing. after all....that's what these guitars are all about :wink:

Thanks Les! I was actually surprised that it didn't turn out less horrible, I had to run fairly low volume as to not overload the phone mic.

The guitar has a TON of sustain, as evidenced by the held chord at the end of the vid. There is minimal influence from the speaker too in terms of imparting energy back into the strings. Definitely the most sustain I've ever got from a guitar, including my old Stripper.

Neglected to mention this is all digital, Kemper running a Two-Rock 35 profile into a mid-level PA speaker (RCF), sitting next to me facing the phone. Still loving the KPA, and I heard there's finally going to be some decent proper Dumble profiles available soon...

Will record some direct to DAW next time :)

Cheers mate, that would be neck/bridge in full mode, a tone that I hardly use! Oh I forgot the all 3 pickups combo too, I think you'd like that as well :)

Thanks mate, the "resistor mod" has been on most if not all PRS with coil taps since about 2010 I believe. It's just a resistor between the tap wire and ground (when the coil tap is activated) so that the grounded coil isn't completely shorted to ground. This means a small part of the signal still gets through, giving it less volume drop and also a little bit of hum cancelling.

PRS use different values for the neck and bridge, 1.1k and 2.2k respectively IIRC. My S2 came standard with these so I just kept them in the circuit i.e. moved them to between the mini-toggle and ground as the push-pull now activates the middle pickup instead of tapping both coils.

Back