I blame PRS. Yeah. I said it.

Casi1

I blame PRS for my temporary insanity and associated confusion that is only exhibited in my day to day life when discussing or fondling electric guitars.

Thats right.

I blame PRS himself.

If it werent for him, I'd be perfectly happy with my one, run of the mill, straight off the wall, imperfect, need multiple trips to the tech, strat.

So this is the thing with me. I research and I compare facts with figures then I make a decision and I stick by that decision until the death battle. Its just the way I'm built. I'm ride or die like that. Its my Viking ancestry.

Except, apparently when dealing with guitars.

Today, I decided to play my DC3. I wanted to adjust the pickup heights since, you know, I'm a new expert at pickup height adjustment and all.

;)

I lowered the neck and middle pickups (looking for optimal quackiness in positions 2 and 4) and the thing sounds SO good that I've officially declared the DC3 as my favorite guitar. I head to my local shop to get some of those little plastic ergo ring strap 'locks' for vintage guitars (for my 1960s epiphone...dont ask, lol) and I mention to the tech about my favorite guitar. The tech has a puzzled look... And says 'but last time you said the 30th Anniversary Custom 24 was your favorite?'

:confused:

Me: 'huh?'

At this point, another regular comes over and says 'hey, do you still have that awesome 408 that you were playing around with in here? That guitar is SWEET. It sounds so full, deep, and articulate... I love that sound' I immediately say 'yeah, I love that guitar, its my fav.....'. Uh oh.

:oops:

All of them cant be my favorites, can they? Am I losing my mind? Whats wrong with me?

I think its best at this point that I dont name favorites any longer, because obviously I suck at it and cant be trusted.

Anywho, this is why I love my DC3:
-The neck. The neck. The neck. Perfection.
-The frets are big.
-Its strat-like single-coilness (I typically play all of my guitars in coil tap/split mode but I finally accept that nothing does single coil like an actual single coil).
-Its super lightweight.
-The guitar is just easy to play and everyone (even non-PRS players) who picks it up says that about it.
- Mine even has phase 3 locking tuners and birdies.

I thought I wanted a maple board DC3 (mine has a super dark RW board as you all know) but now that I've got my Timmy set as a boost, the sound can get very trebly and I suddenly realize that I probably couldnt stand it if it were any brighter.

Yeah, the DC3 is my favorite.

:)

Truth! Don't I know it! I did the same thing with my ex wife...a couple of times actually...I'm hard to handle apparently....who knew? Moral of the story...NEVER EVER...TELL them they are your favorite....just sayin.:eek:;)

Women are just like men and men are just like women in terms of their toys (like guitars, etc). I'm only like this with guitars, guns, fishing gear, and perfume. I'm not like this with cars, clothes, shoes, or purses. Go figure.

Personally, I like having options. I can commit to something but I need to have the option to do something else (as long as the boundaries are agreed to ahead of time). Errr ... that sounded kinda messed up, didnt it?

:oops:

My current guitar boundary is that I cant bring another one home until I've either gotten a promotion OR packed up one of my current guitars for another home. So all I can do right now is look at and fondle new or new to me guitars. I cant bring them home.

You fish, AND you’re like this with your fishing gear??? You really ARE like us!

Yup. My granddaddy taught me how to fish. I got a rod for walleye, a rod for crappie, a rod for lil panfish, etc and tons of fishing gadgets. I've even got a super secret special krytonite bait (it works EVERY time). I live near the St Croix and the Mississippi... so fishing is like the local fun thing to do. Everybody fishes.

I go king salmon fishing in WI every summer. We always catch 20+ huge fish in about 4 hours up there. I typically bring it home and have it smoked up. I want to go Halibut fishing in Alaska next year.

Yup. My granddaddy taught me how to fish. I got a rod for walleye, a rod for crappie, a rod for lil panfish, etc and tons of fishing gadgets. I've even got a super secret special krytonite bait (it works EVERY time). I live near the St Croix and the Mississippi... so fishing is like the local fun thing to do. Everybody fishes.

I go king salmon fishing in WI every summer. We always catch 20+ huge fish in about 4 hours up there. I typically bring it home and have it smoked up. I want to go Halibut fishing in Alaska next year.
Count me in. My obsessions are guitars, fishing and women’s basketball. I’ve been told I have to take less gear fishing as it will no longer fit in the 2 person kayak.

Count me in. My obsessions are guitars, fishing and women’s basketball. I’ve been told I have to take less gear fishing as it will no longer fit in the 2 person kayak.

Lol, sounds like you just need a bigger kayak. You need all that fishing gear. What if the 'big one' swims along and you aint ready to catch him because of some minor gear loading restriction. It would be a bad day, right? Keep the gear, get bigger kayak.

Back