I blame PRS. Yeah. I said it.

I haven't tried a DC3. But was looking at both when i eventually got the 305. I wanted the single coil sound.
I've played it almost exclusively since buying it. What i like about it:
  • The Strat-like tone with a bit of warmth to it.
  • It's got a top carve and birds
  • The familiarity of the PRS trem. (DC3 have these too of course)
  • It's inspiring me to utilise, open up and learn more about the pedals i have (Boss RV-500, DD-500 and tremolo pedals)
OKr1Khy.jpg

OjfSR5V.jpg

I've never ever owned a strat or copy before in my life. So am very new to the pickups, selector and tones you can achieve. Having played it almost non stop for a couple of weeks now, I really like the selection second from the far right, and second from the far left. I assume it's Bridge and Middle pickup and Neck and Middle pickup. I play through a mesa boogie dual rectifier, and i only ever need the clean channel. To get overdrive, i just use a tube screamer and an ehx Soul Food together.

What i don't like. There isn't much, but I am very used to the Humbucker overdrive sound. I haven't found the sweet spot on the crunch or lead channel yet. Having said that, i'm more than happy just to use the tube screamer and klon clone (soul food) on the clean channel.

Here is an example of it in use (https://soundcloud.com/rnodern/unbroken) - However i used a Custom 24 for the chorus for that humbucker tone.

HOLY DAVID GILMOUR! That's it the one! Its official... I must have a Black DC3 with a maple board! NOW!!! Wow! Wow! Wow!

HOLY DAVID GILMOUR! That's it the one! Its official... I must have a Black DC3 with a maple board! NOW!!! Wow! Wow! Wow!

So do you want a black DC3 with maple board or a black 305 with maple board?

Hmmmmm?
o_O

Or do you want to wait to see the JMstrat, which might be offered in black with maple board (where you could just slap a black pickguard on it).

Decisions, decisions.

So many

Decisions

Are you saying that would make you “comfortably numb”;):D

Nope...uh uh, but it might make me a shiny crazy diamond though...

Ha, he's been that for years! :)

Hey! I resemble that remark...and that's only from the neck up...:confused:

So I believe, but he’s harmless! At arms length!:p

Ha! There is a flaw in your assumption...arms length AND you forgot...stay an inch or two outta kickin distance...o_O:D

So do you want a black DC3 with maple board or a black 305 with maple board?

Hmmmmm?
o_O

Or do you want to wait to see the JMstrat, which might be offered in black with maple board (where you could just slap a black pickguard on it).

Decisions, decisions.

So many

Decisions

Smell that? Yep! That's my hair...it's burning...whoa hold up...
OOOORRRR! I could do a candy apple red and go with some EMG Gilmour Pickups...wait that's another choice:eek:...excuse me while I go curl up in the fetal postion, suck my thumb and try to go to find my happy place...girls are mean...and smart...:D

Last edited:
Smell that? Yep! That's my hair...it's burning...whoa hold up...
OOOORRRR! I could do a candy apple red and go with some EMG Gilmour Pickups...wait that's another choice:eek:...excuse me while I go curl up in the fetal postion, suck my thumb and try to go to find my happy place...girls are mean...and smart...:D

Hey man. You cant flip to the RED side. We cant be in the same band with the same colored guitars. Thats a no no. Either I'm gonna get the black one and you are gonna get the RED one or vice versa.

Both gotta have maple boards though. I think we've already established that.

Hey man. You cant flip to the RED side. We cant be in the same band with the same colored guitars. Thats a no no. Either I'm gonna get the black one and you are gonna get the RED one or vice versa.

See I told ya! Girls ARE smarter! I'm gonna have to stay with black..good lookin out! Yeah red on red...not good might be a bit much...

I'd rock the white one, with red nail polish, and a custom hot pink pick guard.

Back