I blame PRS. Yeah. I said it.

... and the thing sounds SO good that I've officially declared the DC3 as my favorite guitar.
:)
Have you played a 305? I got one only recently and fell in love with it. I like that it's still a PRS in terms of shape etc. also

Have you played a 305? I got one only recently and fell in love with it. I like that it's still a PRS in terms of shape etc. also

I could never find a 305 but I guess I felt that I had too many set necks and was looking for the 'snappinest' of a bolt on.

Have you tried a DC3? I'm curious as to how the 305 compares to the DC3 from those who have played both. What I remember reading was that the DC3 was the more stratty of the two but that opinion was only from one or two folks.

What do you like about 305?

I do the same thing. I can't officially declare any of my prs guitars as fav. My moods change , my interests change. Hell, I can set my amp up and love the tone come back the next day and hate it. I think that makes me fickle!

I hate sports and I don't fish. My son and my brothers like to target shoot and we are active dirt bikers. My wife and I take trips on our HD frequently.

I thought I had a favorite, but really, they’re all equally amazing. Getting a new PRS is like winning the lottery.

One bonus is the satisfaction of knowing that whenever another guitar player hears my work, they’re gnashing their teeth and muttering, “Dude does not deserve that guitar.” :)

Ya, I get blaming Paul, though I did have more than one guitar before getting caught up in his cult: Tele, Les Paul, classical, steel string acoustic, kick a$$ ghetto bass.

Then I found out how good a guitar could be and it became fun to try different flavours: CU22, HB, SAS, archtop....

From time to time I have a favourite. Right now it is probably the violin. Often it is Blondie or JuJu. It’s like I like sea bass more often than salmon, but fresh pickerel is heavenly and often a simple piece of cod is just right.

What do you like about 305?
I haven't tried a DC3. But was looking at both when i eventually got the 305. I wanted the single coil sound.
I've played it almost exclusively since buying it. What i like about it:
  • The Strat-like tone with a bit of warmth to it.
  • It's got a top carve and birds
  • The familiarity of the PRS trem. (DC3 have these too of course)
  • It's inspiring me to utilise, open up and learn more about the pedals i have (Boss RV-500, DD-500 and tremolo pedals)
OKr1Khy.jpg

OjfSR5V.jpg

I've never ever owned a strat or copy before in my life. So am very new to the pickups, selector and tones you can achieve. Having played it almost non stop for a couple of weeks now, I really like the selection second from the far right, and second from the far left. I assume it's Bridge and Middle pickup and Neck and Middle pickup. I play through a mesa boogie dual rectifier, and i only ever need the clean channel. To get overdrive, i just use a tube screamer and an ehx Soul Food together.

What i don't like. There isn't much, but I am very used to the Humbucker overdrive sound. I haven't found the sweet spot on the crunch or lead channel yet. Having said that, i'm more than happy just to use the tube screamer and klon clone (soul food) on the clean channel.

Here is an example of it in use (https://soundcloud.com/rnodern/unbroken) - However i used a Custom 24 for the chorus for that humbucker tone.

I haven't tried a DC3. But was looking at both when i eventually got the 305. I wanted the single coil sound.
I've played it almost exclusively since buying it. What i like about it:
  • The Strat-like tone with a bit of warmth to it.
  • It's got a top carve and birds
  • The familiarity of the PRS trem. (DC3 have these too of course)
  • It's inspiring me to utilise, open up and learn more about the pedals i have (Boss RV-500, DD-500 and tremolo pedals)
OKr1Khy.jpg

OjfSR5V.jpg

I've never ever owned a strat or copy before in my life. So am very new to the pickups, selector and tones you can achieve. Having played it almost non stop for a couple of weeks now, I really like the selection second from the far right, and second from the far left. I assume it's Bridge and Middle pickup and Neck and Middle pickup. I play through a mesa boogie dual rectifier, and i only ever need the clean channel. To get overdrive, i just use a tube screamer and an ehx Soul Food together.

What i don't like. There isn't much, but I am very used to the Humbucker overdrive sound. I haven't found the sweet spot on the crunch or lead channel yet. Having said that, i'm more than happy just to use the tube screamer and klon clone (soul food) on the clean channel.

Here is an example of it in use (https://soundcloud.com/rnodern/unbroken) - However i used a Custom 24 for the chorus for that humbucker tone.

Cool song! Yeah that top carve is nice. I dont know that there are any MAJOR sound differences between the DC3 and the 305, it may be just a 'feel' thing where the 305 feels more PRS while the DC3 feels more Fndr. However, I've always wondered if the pickups in the 305 were the same as the ones in the 513, hence more output than the DC3.

As for pedals, I use a cranked fuzzface for dirty dirty and a Timmy for more civilized dirt. One day I want to try an okko diablo... But I gotta wait until they make them in red, black or grey, lol. Casi1 cant work with a big orange pedal.

PRS guitars have a way of creeping into one's life... even they wish for a long lost guitar and a CE comes into your life and even tho' there's an ache for that long lost guitar, the CE comes wraps itself around your heart and soon you realize... it's a new life with a new wonderful guitar that fits like a glove :)

Cool song! Yeah that top carve is nice. I dont know that there are any MAJOR sound differences between the DC3 and the 305, it may be just a 'feel' thing where the 305 feels more PRS while the DC3 feels more Fndr. However, I've always wondered if the pickups in the 305 were the same as the ones in the 513, hence more output than the DC3.

As for pedals, I use a cranked fuzzface for dirty dirty and a Timmy for more civilized dirt. One day I want to try an okko diablo... But I gotta wait until they make them in red, black or grey, lol. Casi1 cant work with a big orange pedal.
May I suggest a @Casi1 custom pedal in red and black called “Civilized Dirtt”?!:D

Back