Howard Leese's Guitar Rundown

prsrocker1988

I saw this on Facebook:

So cool! I love his guitars - some nice Private Stocks and other PRS models.

Howard is probably my all around favorite PRS artist - probably between him and David Grissom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool find. Was that last Tiger Eye PS in the video the one he got from Pete? Looks like the same, he just changed the knobs.

Can anyone tell me where I can find those knobs he's got on some of his guitars here - the cream round ones? I think a set would look great on one of my guitars.

Those do look similar. I think I might have found them - they look like old Fender white amp knobs like you'd find on a Blondeface Bassman head or something. Being a vintage Fender amp guy it dawned on me. They are actually amp knobs it looks like - here's a link that look the closest I've found so far.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-amplifier-knobs/420525000341000

Problem is you have to buy a bunch at a time as they are meant for those amps that need ALL replaced. I dig the creme look and the smaller diameter. I think it'd go great with the cream P90s on my McCarty.

Aha! I was right - they are Fender amp knobs..... Took me forever to figure that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool find. Was that last Tiger Eye PS in the video the one he got from Pete? Looks like the same, he just changed the knobs.

Yes, that DC 245 in Electric Tiger towards the end of the video is the one I traded him. That is a KILLER guitar! Awesome tone. There has been several pics on the Rock Vault Facebook Page of Howard with that guitar, it brings me great pleasure to seem him playing it!

In fact, Alan and Eric from Willcutt's spec'ed a guitar for me today at the Wood Library, and Howard's guitar was the inspiration, I did a DC 245 Trem in honor of that one.

I thought it was cool in the video that his tech talked about 5909's and Howard digging those, as when Howard and BrianC and I got together two years ago, Howard hadn't tried the 5909's yet. So after we got together and the next night watched a show, I sent Howard a pair of 5909's as a gift, encouraging him to try them. Glad to see he is digging them!! ;)

Back