How to spot a fake Silver Sky

I get you guys will know what to look for as you are fans, but if you know any newer / young players that might get ripped off. This might help educate them on what to look out for.

I get you guys will know what to look for as you are fans, but if you know any newer / young players that might get ripped off. This might help educate them on what to look out for.

Conversely, if we talk about what’s wrong on the fakes too much, then they’ll fix ‘em and people are more likely to get ripped off.

Black Plaid really was right on. If the deal seems too good to be true, it surely is when it comes to this model.

It's a good PSA, though. This is the first I've heard of Silver Sky fakes.

The thing is, if someone dodgy gets hold of these by bulk buying a load, then all they have to do is add a logo, pop them on auction sites and push the prices up. I've seen a few of these fakes for sale at over $1000 each on various sites (reported them all), so it is possibly a matter of time before we see more with better details.

Nah, scammers have had decades to refine fakes of other models and they never come close.

Even if they get close on the shaping, PRS use so many proprietary parts, it's too much trouble to match.

Some of those details are pretty obvious that the pictures shown are not of actual PRS guitars however the guitars don’t actually look that bad. To be completely honest, the silver sky is way above my price range and with no plans that I’ve heard of regarding them making an SE version of the guitar, I’d actually consider buying a knockoff if it played well and the price was super low.

-k

Back