Setting tremolo to float on a Silver Sky SE

I have two SE Silver Skys. Only the green one is set up to raise the pitch or float. I absolutely LOVE both of them. And for me, I prefer the feel of the neck, fingerboard, frets and vibrato of the SE

IMO, the only things of importance that the USA version has over the SE is a bone nut (I think it's bone...), locking tuners and the pickups. They sound almost identical to '63 pickups.

The pickups in the SE are just as good, but very slightly hotter. Not a lot, but a little. They're still superb!

Last edited:
The SE looks similar but also quite different. It'd be nice to own both.

The tuners on the SE are really good but they don't lock the strings down like the Core model.

The pickups are different for sure. To me, the Core pickups seem closer in sound to an early 60's Fender, while the SE pickups are similar but slightly louder, brighter and more aggressive. Just slightly. Both sound excellent!

The vibrato's are different: two point in the SE and six screws in the Core.

The wood is different: poplar in the SE and alder in the Core.

The neck shape is different. The SE feels a little smaller.

And the fretboard is flatter in the SE.

There's a lot I like better about the SE.

Really, almost everything except the pickups and the tuners.
I have a few sets of CORE SS locking tuners. They're basically brand new. I remove them as soon as I get my Silver Sky's in hand. I've been meaning to put them up on Reverb. Reach out to me through DM/Private message if you're interested.

I have a few sets of CORE SS locking tuners. They're basically brand new. I remove them as soon as I get my Silver Sky's in hand. I've been meaning to put them up on Reverb. Reach out to me through DM/Private message if you're interested.
You don't like locking tuners? Why?

Oh...

Doesn't bother me, but you're not the only one who doesn't like it.
I don't mind the tuners themselves. It's those damn buttons Lol. I had reached out to John Mann to see if he could replace the buttons for a different style and he said not possible due to how they're pressed on. It's a shame because I have 5 sets just collecting dust. I'll have to get the motivation to post them on Reverb at some point.

I don't mind the tuners themselves. It's those damn buttons Lol. I had reached out to John Mann to see if he could replace the buttons for a different style and he said not possible due to how they're pressed on. It's a shame because I have 5 sets just collecting dust. I'll have to get the motivation to post them on Reverb at some point.
So yours are locking tuners for the USA Silver Sky? Can you message me and let me know how much you'd want for two sets shipped to Colorado?

I will buy the lot of them!

Probably too late given the dealer above willing to buy all of them, but I’d be interested in a set as well

Back