How many of you have a guitar/amp at work?

I have had my Yamaha THR 10X and SE Santana at work for the past few days.
Santana is much more fun to play than the little Fernandes.

The Yamaha has been cutting out a bit, and today when turned up fairly loud it shut down.
I could flip the switch and turn it on again, but it would shut down again.
Could be the batteries.

Will try plugging it into 110V when I am at home and see if it still does it.

Will have a separate thread Saturday comparing it and the new Micro Cube GX.

Santana is much more fun to play than the little Fernandes.
No kidding! :) The little fernandes doesn't look like it would be all that great of a player. I could be wrong.

I am tired of the guitar I have here, my only non-PRS guitar. It makes me GAS for another PRS that I can leave in my office.

I used to keep a Hofner Shorty and a Korg Pandora mini at my desk so that I can play during my lunch breaks. That combo was also useful when I had to be in a hotel overnight for work.

John the neck on the Fernandes is maple I think, and thinner than the Santana, and easier on my hands, but the shape of it is not good for sitting down.

The Santana is better for sitting down, but I am not a fan of the wide/fat necks.
I much prefer my other two SEs with the wide/thin necks, and my 408s pattern thin necks.

But still the Santana wins out over that little bean shaped guitar.

When I spent time at the office I always had a roland cube 15 and an old Squire Strat also any NGD spent some time there so as to hide from the ( old lady ) wife :)
Now I am thinking about a travel rig again used to have a Hohner ( Steinberger copy ) and a Rockman that was my road ( travel ) rig.

Well it did turn out it was the batteries in the Yamaha amp.
110V power at home and not cut outs, so I will pitch the batteries today.

Taking the SE Tremonti into work this coming week :D
My week last week at work seemed a lot mellower, so I think playing before work puts me in a better state.

I had a Boogie Mk2C under my desk for a month or so some years ago. I got it on eBay and then scared to take it home and tell the wife :) (long story but it was the third one I’d bought in as many months).
In my last job I often packed a guitar in the car to play at lunchtimes (no amp though), unfortunately now I'm on the train commuting into London.
Ian

It was a blast at 3 am this morning with the SE Tremonti Custom.
I much prefer its neck over the Santana.
I am tempted to bring in the Zoom R24 so I have a drummer accompaning me.

Right next to my desk.......

IMG_7522_zps695b56c0.jpg

unfortunately now I'm on the train commuting into London.

So you need a battery-powered amp and you'll be all set to nail those old Johnny Cash songs with the train's rhythm. Get Rhythm indeed!

Back