Hollowbody vs S2 Semi Hollowbody

Great looking guitar! I agree that the arch top pick ups rock and that the spruce makes the guitar brighter both acoustically and when plugged in. I did a tone comparison test a while back comparing the tone of my HB with spruce top and arch top PU's against my 2014 HB II with 57-08's and came to the conclusion that the HB with spruce top was the brighter sounding of the 2 guitars (played clean on neck pickup). There were a few folks that found that hard to believe.

Enjoy!

Does your spruce top pickup selector look like mine. If you go back to the picture you can see its pointing down (to your right, if wearing the guitar). That actually activates the neck pickup, you would think it would be the bridge. My other HBII has the pickup selector going the other cardinal directions (wearing the guitar, up is neck and down is bridge). Does this look like something the previous owner did or is this how the spruce tops come?
image_zpsxbp1zvel.jpeg
I have the pickup selector on both guitars in the pic set to bridge only.

Last edited:
Does your spruce top pickup selector look like mine. If you go back to the picture you can see its pointing down (to your right, if wearing the guitar). That actually activates the neck pickup, you would think it would be the bridge. My other HBII has the pickup selector going the other cardinal directions (wearing the guitar, up is neck and down is bridge). Does this look like something the previous owner did or is this how the spruce tops come?
image_zpsxbp1zvel.jpeg
I have the pickup selector on both guitars in the pic set to bridge only.

Looks like the switch on the left one has been rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise.

Back