Hi! Need help with info on SE Custom 22 Hollowbody please

Troisnoir

I recently acquired what I believe is an SE Custom22 Hollow Body, but it seems to be out of production (at least this version), so info is scarce.

I will post a photo when I can, but it's the version with the cat's eye sound hole, vs the f-hole type available now.

Can anyone tell me:

1. What years they were made?
2. Officially, what pickups were used? (or what were they called)
3. Any features that were unique to this model?
4. What was the official, complete model name? (I saw a pic that said something about an anniversary model or such...)

I won't ask what they're worth, I just need to find out what I have...

Thanks!

I recently acquired what I believe is an SE Custom22 Hollow Body, but it seems to be out of production (at least this version), so info is scarce.

I will post a photo when I can, but it's the version with the cat's eye sound hole, vs the f-hole type available now.

Can anyone tell me:

1. What years they were made?
2. Officially, what pickups were used? (or what were they called)
3. Any features that were unique to this model?
4. What was the official, complete model name? (I saw a pic that said something about an anniversary model or such...)

I won't ask what they're worth, I just need to find out what I have...

Thanks!

1. Not positive, but probably late '00's to early '10's.
2. Probably just generic G&B made.
3. The cat eye sound hole. First semi hollow SE.
4. SE Custom 22 Semi-Hollow

Sure thing!

Actually, it just dawned on me to check the PRS book (forget I have it sometimes).

So after consulting The Book, here's take two:
1. 2007 - 2013
2. SE Treble & Bass (the aforementioned generic G&B brand pickups they used to put in all the SEs)
3. Ditto take 1
4. PRS book just calls it the SE Custom Semi-Hollow, no "22" designation.

Sure thing!

Actually, it just dawned on me to check the PRS book (forget I have it sometimes).

So after consulting The Book, here's take two:
1. 2007 - 2013
2. SE Treble & Bass (the aforementioned generic G&B brand pickups they used to put in all the SEs)
3. Ditto take 1
4. PRS book just calls it the SE Custom Semi-Hollow, no "22" designation.

Thanks again!

BTW: I think I saw a YouTube video where someone mentioned that it had a "canoe" route...sounded like it was hollow everywhere except down the middle (kind of like some 335's), as opposed to the Tele route, which I believe is on the bass side only. Any idea?

The book says "two tone chambers" so I take that to mean hollow on both sides of the center block. Thinline Teles are pretty well hollowed out all around.

Back