Hey guys I know nothing about PRS Modern Eagle 1. Help!

LoveNazgul

I'm currently trading my Mayones Regius 6 M custom with a PRS Modern Eagle, we haven't decided the price yet but I know nothing about Modern Eagle 1.

How do you think of this trade guys? Tell me how you think and how Modern Eagle 1 is!!

What I only know is that it's made in 2004 and has Brazilian neck..

This is the link of my Mayones

https://www.facebook.com/Mayones.Gu....1446145433./1029679577052407/?type=3&theater

modern_eagle.jpg
modern_eagle_1.jpg

Last edited:
I know little about your guitar. Key question is its value. The ME is an incredible guitar (the later ones with upgraded pickups arguably better). You can pretty easily check out the value of the ME on eBay or elsewhere. My presumption is that you would have to kick in many bucks.

The ones I've seen have all been an horrendous price.

The Modern Eagle was first introduced in 2004 and yes, its main distinguishing feature is a Brazilian rosewood neck with a separate Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. The original version had a stop tailpiece, mixed gold/nickel hardware, model-specific RP pickups, McCarty electronics, and a matte nitro finish. The whole guitar was basically a tweaked, up-market version of the McCarty with a unique finish. The top wood on those first runs was also a little different. Called "heartwood" maple, it took stain a little differently -- unevenly -- which PRS took to calling "unique visual character" when some folks complained.

The guitar that served as the basis for the ME was Paul's personal guitar, the amber one with a dragon inlay on a BRW neck that Paul played for years. (I played that guitar at NAMM back in 1998 and LOVED it) I've owned a ME from the second production batch (late 2004) since it hit my friend Steve's shop in Colorado. It was the guitar that put PRS back on my radar after a bunch of years without one. (I owned a 1989 Custom for several years that I was never able to make work for me)

Later versions of the original (2005 and thereafter) include a singlecut trem (sic) and a regular double-cut with a vibrato. Then they got into the II, III, and IV versions, in which the pickups, the finishes, and the electronics, changed.

The original double-cut, stoptail version is slightly collectible; the going rate for those has been as high as 5500-6000 (US$) but is currently more in the 4500-5000 range, maybe even lower since the market in general is pretty soft from a seller's perspective.

Back