Hey, good lookin', Whatcha got cookin'?

jfb

Plank Owner
Hey, good lookin', Whatcha got cookin'? - The recent Vault trips!

I know a number of people here recently put some serious work into the oven so...

Let's see whatcha' got cookin'!

With a big thanks to TGS + PRS partners in crime. Here is my offering.

The full kit.
photo%25201.JPG

Brent said he would make me a quilt man and it might have happened. I have never owned or been drawn to quilts. This top however screamed at me and I could not deny it.
photo%25202.JPG

Yes I took a picture of the wrong side. The other side looks about the same so you get the idea.
photo%25203.JPG

Braz everywhere. Including, but not shown here, backplate and tuners.
photo%25205.JPG

I picked inlays last, as I usually do, and later seen this beauty in the PS area. Same design and material as what I had selected.
photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

Color reference, Honey Gold Smoked Burst.
Paul-Reed-Smith-PRS-Private-Stock-3851-Singlecut-Trem-2012-Honey-Gold-Smoked-Burst-big.jpg

Custom 22
McCarty switching
57/08's
Gloss nitro
Wide fat
Stop tail
Mixed hardware
Brushed nickel pickup covers
Anodized gold bridge

Last edited:
Honey Gold Smokeburst is sweet.

Where/how did you find a body that was roughcut? If memory serves, last time round you had a neck that was roughcut, too...

Honey Gold Smokeburst is sweet.

Where/how did you find a body that was roughcut? If memory serves, last time round you had a neck that was roughcut, too...

It was just sitting on a shelf. I asked if I could use it. I got the go ahead so I went with it.

Good memory. Yeah I did have the rough cut neck. I asked for a flamed mahogany neck and I believe they might have been out or something. I just remember Miles saying I have just the thing. He left and came back with the rough cut neck. I thought it looked great so I went with it.

I've got these 2 right behind yours:

#1 - DC245 with Madagascar Rosewood board and veneer. Chose a sinker neck, a highly resonate body, maple neck binding and paua birds with MOP outlines. Also will have 59/09s with DGT controls.
5fee05b82e8f6b12cd472a0804706510_zpsc3557200.jpg

I picked Aquamarine Glow based on this sample:
IMG_0033_zpsc9c52ef4.jpg

#2 - SC245 with a little Tremonti thrown in:
e6174678caac67d26db9388ce44ba9a7_zps0c77db5e.jpg

I picked Fire Red for this one. It will basically be a Ted SC245 with a trem (w/ up route), maple neck, korina back, blackwood board. Went with maple neck binding, and MOP birds w/paua outlines.

Last edited:
I've got these 2 right behind yours:

#1 - DC245 with Madagascar Rosewood board and veneer. Chose a sinker neck, a highly resonate body, maple neck binding and paua birds with MOP outlines. Also will have 59/09s with DGT controls.
5fee05b82e8f6b12cd472a0804706510_zpsc3557200.jpg

I picked Aquamarine Glow based on this sample:
IMG_0033_zpsc9c52ef4.jpg

#2 - SC245 with a little Tremonti thrown in:
e6174678caac67d26db9388ce44ba9a7_zps0c77db5e.jpg

I picked Fire Red for this one. It will basically be a Ted SC245 with a trem (w/ up route), maple neck, korina back, blackwood board. Went with maple neck binding, and MOP birds w/paua outlines.

Those are smoking. Really like the variety in the builds. Maple binding seems to be the Windy City trademark lately. Looks like you had an awesome experience your first time out. Congrats! These are going to be special.

Back