Silver Sky refretted to 6105 Style Frets - Awesome!!

Doh! I should have thought of that. Makes perfect sense.

If the frets you install are now taller, you’ll need to install a new nut or shim the old one to have the same action because now the frets are closer to the strings. A shimmed bone nut is the cheap way to do it, that’s more for when you have a Floyd locking nut. For bone you just make a new one to your exact specs and string gauge.

A worthy mod Pete!
I’ve order a set of Jescar jumbo stainless steel frets to put on one of my PRS. Will definitely post in the forum when done.

please god can somebody tell me what size the silver sky actually are.the exact height and width(for dummies like me).i cant find it anywhere.i have anxiety about this because i love this guitar so much and its my number one,and i dont want it to ever "fret out". i will always have the money for a fret dress or fret-job but i just need to know the exact fret wire i need to use so i can tell my genius guitar tech what size fret wire i need.I do not want to change anything about this amazing guitar.I have only played my beast for about 6 weeks but i play so often that maybe its gonna need a fret job at some point in the next 6-12 months

i just need to know the exact fret wire i need to use so i can tell my genius guitar tech what size fret wire i need.
I don’t think you need to worry about it. Your genius tech will be able to measure the wire and know what they need to do to make you happy. Let them do their job.

Back